Scheduled reports via UI?

Moderator: crythias

disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Scheduled reports via UI?

Post by disciple »

I have found a few very old entries about scheduling reports via OTRS.

If I understand it well, right now the scheduling of the reports have to be done via crond

I am wondering if there is a more power user friendly way via the UI to schedule reports creation?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Scheduled reports via UI?

Post by root »

Hi,

You can also use one of the available SchedulerCronTasks, like 'Daemon::SchedulerCronTaskManager::Task###Custom4'. They can be configured to schedule a report with the same parameter which are used with the console command.

An example how to use a console command is shown with the setting `Daemon::SchedulerCronTaskManager::Task###CommunicationLogDelete` which is a scheduled execution of

Code: Select all

bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Log::CommunicationLog --purge
- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Post by disciple »

okay let me check this. Even though I would not like to give power users access to configurations in systemConfiguration.

It would be great if it would be possible to do it as a generic agent. But the generic agent is missing the other fields for scheduled executions (e.g. day of month) like available as cron.

From the wording I would have expected that a generic agent is doing such a task.
In our case we have allowed our power users to create generic agent tasks to do regular and repeating work...
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

disciple wrote: 01 Feb 2023, 19:23 okay let me check this. Even though I would not like to give power users access to configurations in systemConfiguration.

It would be great if it would be possible to do it as a generic agent. But the generic agent is missing the other fields for scheduled executions (e.g. day of month) like available as cron.

From the wording I would have expected that a generic agent is doing such a task.
In our case we have allowed our power users to create generic agent tasks to do regular and repeating work...
Hi,

You asked for scheduling via GUI, not for scheduling for non-admins. And this is done by the cron task manager, not the Generic Agent.
Anyway, both are part of the admin area.

Then there is no way to do this.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?