URGENT: Ticket Reply Option Missing

Moderator: crythias

davidbann
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.2

URGENT: Ticket Reply Option Missing

Post by davidbann »

Hi there,

We recently upgraded from version 6.4.5 to 6.5.2, and now the reply options on tickets is missing. I have checked permissions and even if I assign all possible groups to my own user, there is no reply option in any of the queues, regardless of whether I am the ticket owner or not.

It seems almost all of the ticket options are missing - i.e. things like forward, bounce, split, reply, etc. Only option i have there now is the "mark as unseen" option.

Any ideas on where I can look to fix this?

Thanks
David
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: URGENT: Ticket Reply Option Missing

Post by root »

davidbann wrote: 18 May 2023, 09:08 Hi there,

We recently upgraded from version 6.4.5 to 6.5.2, and now the reply options on tickets is missing. I have checked permissions and even if I assign all possible groups to my own user, there is no reply option in any of the queues, regardless of whether I am the ticket owner or not.

It seems almost all of the ticket options are missing - i.e. things like forward, bounce, split, reply, etc. Only option i have there now is the "mark as unseen" option.

Any ideas on where I can look to fix this?
Hi,

Let's start with:

Code: Select all

bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Config::Rebuild --cleanup
bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Cache::Delete
bin/otrs.Console.pl Maint::Loader::CacheCleanup
the restart of the web server.

Any error in the error log of the web server, the application log or browser console?

Did you have the same error during your test upgrade?

- Roy

P.S.: If this is a business-critical application for your company, you should consider professional support.
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
davidbann
Znuny newbie

Post by davidbann »

Thanks Roy

We tried the rebuild, restart and clear of cache, and no luck.

We did a comparison on the DB backup prior to upgrade, and see that there are many sysconfig entries that have gone missing. We are doing the full analysis now, but there are entries that were completely removed from sysconfig after upgrade, and we have to update these directly in the DB to get them back, as the sysconfig UI will not allow us to create some of them due to validation errors - I guess because these should not have been deleted in the first place. Very strange.
davidbann
Znuny newbie

Post by davidbann »

It seems that only Ticket::Frontend::Article::Actions were affected - for phone, internal, invalid, chat and email. We are just copying the values back into the sysconfig for these items to get the functionality working again. No idea why the upgrade got rid of them...