Znuny 6.5.4. - Process Management - Multiple questions

Moderator: crythias

Rhendak
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: Znuny LTS 6.0.36

Znuny 6.5.4. - Process Management - Multiple questions

Post by Rhendak »

Hello All,

Working my way through process management, I'm coming up with several questions that would make the process management easier.

For each of these questions, the follow up question is: If this is not currently possible,
  • will it be possible in the future?
  • Is it a planned feature for development?
  • When can we expect this feature?
Process management questions:
1. Can I make a Dynamic Field mandatory, based on the answer on a previous Dynamic field?
For example:
Dynamic Field 1: [X] Application 1
If checked, who to copy rights from? (text field) - Mandatory if previous question is checked
Example image:

2. In the DropDown Dynamic Field, I want it to say "-Please select a department", but have this a non-accepted value. Is this possible?
Basically I want it to be a mandatory field, but the field cannot be empty. In this case "Please select a department" being the "Empty" option.

3. In the AD we have the "Manager" field filled with every AD User (employee). Can this information be imported via LDAP connection into Znuny and reflected in the user's Znuny profile?
Can I have Znuny sent out an automatic e-mail to the manager specific to that employee (imported from AD User LDAP connection) after a user submits a certain request? This may be different for different employees.

4. How can I create subtickets based on the information given in the process ticket creation where different combinations are possible?
For example:

Options:
[ ] Application 1
[X] Application 2
[ ] Application 3
[X] Application 4

Result: Create 2 subtickets for Application 2 and Application 4.
The only way I can see this done currently is by a separate transition for each possible combination or is there any easier way?

5. Can I implement a field in a Process Management process, that lets you select a user from the "Customer Users" list, imported by LDAP connection?
This would be helpful for any "Copy rights from (person)" questions, that way someone cannot type in a name in a dynamic field text field, of someone who does not work within the company.
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: Znuny 6.5.4. - Process Management - Multiple questions

Post by skullz »

1. No that i know of..perhaps you can request a feature
https://github.com/znuny/znuny-feature-requests

2. Not available. You may set '-' as key and value at dynamic field dropdown setting.

3. By user, i guess you means customer user.

a) You can map additional attributes from AD. Check you Kernel/Config.pm.

b) unless this Manager field contains email address of the manager, then may require development.

If contains the email address, you can map customer user attribute to the ticket dynamic field upon ticket is created. Check System Configuration for something like CustomerUserFromDynamicField or Event something.

Then, in the ticket notification, there is a feature where email can be send based on the value from ticket dynamic.

4. No idea..not yet working with multiselect field 🤣

5. The existing field CustomerUser is pretty freetext..you can still append email address to it..

Unless you have a dynamic field that populate customer user (login => First name) from DB, you may be able to this via Transition Action
https://doc.znuny.org/znuny/admin/proce ... index.html

But since you use an AD, nahhh..
My Github
OTRS CE/LTS Discord Channel
Cant Update Package Anymore ? Check This

Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de/en
Free and premium add-ons: English
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Znuny 6.5.4. - Process Management - Multiple questions

Post by root »

Hi,

At least for #3, there is a commercial add-on (available with support) from Znuny. This allows you to access attributes like mail, sn, etc., of the user that is assigned as a manager in an Active Directory.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?