Moderator: crythias

chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Tickets with no articles get created using API

Post by chetannagaonkar »

Hello All,
We are using OTRS 6.0.24.

We used default community edition OTRS API and updated to include a few dynamic fields. It has been working for past 3 years; however, of late, we have observed a weird problem. It creates tickets properly, but some times, it creates a few tickets with no articles in it. We have checked the log (Web Service Management->REST-Debugger) as well. For the tickets created properly, it displays the sections of 'Outgoing data before mapping' and 'Returning provider data to remote system'. But for the tickets that have zero articles, these 2 sections are not displayed in the Web service debugger. We are unable to identify the cause. Are there any other logs that we should check? Has anybody faced this issue and if so, can you share steps to resolve it, if you have fixed it please?
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Tickets with no articles get created using API

Post by root »

Hi,

I recommend having a look into the applications log and the Apache error_log too.

Besides that, you should consider switching the operating system and upgrading to a supported version.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced

Thanks Roy. Let me check those too. What is interesting is that it is adhoc. I mean, tickets get created properly ~85% of the time but get zero articles for about ~15% tickets.
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
root
Administrator

Post by root »

chetannagaonkar wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 11:24 Thanks Roy. Let me check those too. What is interesting is that it is adhoc. I mean, tickets get created properly ~85% of the time but get zero articles for about ~15% tickets.
Hi,

As long as you or someone else changes the code, there is nothing ad-hoc. It's a computer. 15% would not be acceptable for me, and I bet my money on the validations done by the GenericInterface.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced

I totally understand, Roy. We are able to solve the issues if there are defects or if it needs some enhancements. As it is ad-hoc, we are confused.

Since it is default code, the only new thing that was introduced couple of years ago were to consider dynamic fields. It worked and there was no need for us to touch it again. What I wanted to check is if there could be other possibilities due to network or system factors or is it dependent on any criteria. Basically, I wanted to check if we are missing or overlooking some basic aspects.
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
root
Administrator

Post by root »

chetannagaonkar wrote: 14 Dec 2023, 13:19 I totally understand, Roy. We are able to solve the issues if there are defects or if it needs some enhancements. As it is ad-hoc, we are confused.

Since it is default code, the only new thing that was introduced couple of years ago were to consider dynamic fields. It worked and there was no need for us to touch it again. What I wanted to check is if there could be other possibilities due to network or system factors or is it dependent on any criteria. Basically, I wanted to check if we are missing or overlooking some basic aspects.
Check the logs and check the data sent via REST request. Are all states existing and valid? Check all other parameter of the failed requests and successful requests.

- Roy