Merge to ticket on external reference

Moderator: crythias

finalbeta2
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.5

Merge to ticket on external reference

Post by finalbeta2 »

Good day,

I'm looking for a way to overcome limitations of external ticket systems and want to run an idea by you.

Znuny seems to be one of the few ticketing systems smart enough to actually be able to respond to mail using the original subject.
This means that if an external ticket system sends a mail to our ticket system, we respond to the mail, and our mail is added to the correct ticket on their end.
Then "they" (they = any other ticket system) send back a mail only with a reference to their own internal ticket reference.

We now have a partner that's uses Atlassian and never sends us our ticket reference.
So now we have to keep merging loads of ticket responses.

So, the idea is the following now.
  • Parse the external ref from a mail header or the subject viewtopic.php?f=62&t=21423#p84815
  • Use GenericAgent to select all tickets with that specific dynamic field reference to merge to the oldest ticket with that specific dynamic field reference
Is the above plan something that seems feasible?
Is there a better way to handle this use case?
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Re: Merge to ticket on external reference

Post by skullz »

Perhaps you are looking at ExternalTicketNumber Recognition features as describe here https://doc.znuny.org/znuny_lts/annexes ... index.html
finalbeta2
Znuny newbie

Post by finalbeta2 »

skullz wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 12:49 Perhaps you are looking at ExternalTicketNumber Recognition features as describe here https://doc.znuny.org/znuny_lts/annexes ... index.html
You are exactly right, sorry that I totally missed that.
That's simply what I need.
finalbeta2
Znuny newbie

Post by finalbeta2 »

Took me a little while to configure/set up.
But it works as it should.

Now I have a dynamic field with the ticket ID. When I click it the external ticket opens with the correct URL.
Responses are tracked the way it should.
Nice.

Znuny (OTRS) is so much more configurable then other ticketing systems. Great tool!
Thank you all.