LDAP lookup for customer after ticket created

Moderator: crythias

crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

LDAP lookup for customer after ticket created

Post by crythias »

How do I assign a customer "automatically" (like by Generic Agent) or "manually" via email for a customer that would normally be looked up from LDAP/AJAX thing but was not chosen?

Here's the scenario:
1) LDAP lookups work and are functional unless:
2) an admin (forinstance) creates a new "Phone Ticket" from an email address but doesn't wait for the lookup to complete.
3) The ticket is now created without a "customer" (even if the email is valid and shows in the From)
4) This requires a manual change to the customer (fixing from the LDAP lookup) from the admin side of OTRS.

What I'd like to see:
1) ldap looks up anyway and fixes without user intervention (read: do best/first guess without having to wait for AJAX/Lookup)
or
2) A "Generic Agent" "Fixes" this problem by doing the lookup on schedule based upon the "from" email
or
3) (which I'd like to know anyway) An email can be crafted in a PostMaster Filter that can either transfer or assign the correct Customer user.

The following does NOT work:

Filtername:
Match:
Header 1: Body Value: #customer ([a-zA-Z0-9_\-\.]+)@[a-z0-9-]+(\.[a-z0-9-]+)*(\.[a-z]{2,3})
Set:
Header 1: X-OTRS-CustomerUser Value: [***]

Even though this shows up on log:
Tue May 4 12:25:52 2010 notice OTRS-CGI-10 Filter: 'Customer change email' Set param 'X-OTRS-CustomerNo' to 'user@address.com
Tue May 4 12:25:52 2010 notice OTRS-CGI-10 Filter: 'Customer change User' Set param 'X-OTRS-CustomerUser' to 'user'
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: LDAP lookup for customer after ticket created

Post by crythias »

I should note (even if it's for my usage) that the Postmaster filter does work for me if I'm creating a new ticket. Which is awesome, because it means that if I get a message that I'd like to create a new ticket for, I can forward it to my postmaster account with my #customer tag and the ticket does get created for the recipient instead of me. That is a bonus!
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask