Can not filter incoming message(Tickets)

Moderator: crythias

Alex11
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Can not filter incoming message(Tickets)

Post by Alex11 »

Hello All ,
i am not able to filter the incoming message using the subject header,i want to filter it using the regex.I want to filter it using the subject of the mail(ex:Support-Contract # 6876764(any nos) is the subject ofthe incoming mail then message should get filtered based on the value of the subject line). somebody please help me out

please help me

thanks
Alok
(tiwaryalok11@gmail.com)
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Can not filter incoming message(Tickets)

Post by crythias »

What do you want the filter to accomplish?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
Alex11
Znuny newbie

Post by Alex11 »

i want to filter the incoming message in order to store them in respective queue.
crythias

Post by crythias »

OK. it probably works how you think it will (although I also use the email recipient address to sort as well, because my inbox has aliases).

Admin
Postmaster Filter
Name: GotoQueuename
[Add]

Match:
Header 1: Subject Value: searchword

Set:
Header 1: X-OTRS-FollowUp-Queue Value: Queuename
Header 2: X-OTRS-Queue Value: Queuename

If it's several layers deep, you'll need to set the Queuename to FirstLevel::SecondLevel::ThirdLevel
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Alex11
Znuny newbie

Post by Alex11 »

hi,

can you tell me why we are using two header in the set field of postmaster filter.can't we use only one field there

Alex
crythias

Post by crythias »

I can't tell you why. All I wanted to do was to make sure that the ticket was in the correct queue permanently with no remnant that it was in another queue. For me, it "worked" and therefore I didn't worry about it having two "set"s. There probably wouldn't be any harm testing things out with fake tickets (and fake searchwords) until it does what you want, then change to the "live" searchword, which incidentally is what I did.