Adding notes doesn't send emails

Moderator: crythias

ajm83
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.3.4-1

Adding notes doesn't send emails

Post by ajm83 »

When an agent adds an external note to a customers ticket should the customer receive a notification email?

If not, what do I need to do to enable this?

Occassionally in the log I see the following:

Code: Select all

Thu May 6 10:49:37 2010  	notice  	OTRS-CGI-10  	Can't find notification for Agent::AddNote and ar_SA, try it again with en!
Wed May 5 16:37:14 2010  	notice  	OTRS-CGI-10  	Can't find notification for Agent::AddNote and es, try it again with en!
Wed May 5 16:35:42 2010  	notice  	OTRS-CGI-10  	Can't find notification for Agent::AddNote and ar_SA, try it again with en!
Anyone got any idea of what might be going wrong?

I'm using OTRS v2.3.4 on Ubuntu 9.10. Email otherwise works as far as I know (we receive messages when tickets are moved and so on)

Thanks

Edit: I should say I have looked in the docs, but the words 'note', 'notification', 'email' etc all come up a lot! :D
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Adding notes doesn't send emails

Post by crythias »

I'm not an expert on this, but it does appear that messages in the logs are indicating that the language choice (AR_SA or es) does not support the action you wish to do, so it's asking you to try it in en (English). (or alternatively provide the actions in the language of choice.)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask