Setting up SMS notifications

Moderator: crythias

user579
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Setting up SMS notifications

Post by user579 »

Hi

Can someone please give me a list of all the requirements I am going to need to setup SMS notifications (When a ticket is added to a specific queue) on OTRS 2.4?
And if anyone has set this up before if some type of guide can be passed on because I have looked around the internet and it all looks very confusing :shock: :? so any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance!
meronbar
Znuny newbie

Re: Setting up SMS notifications

Post by meronbar »

This is related to your phone operator, as first thing your should know - how are you can send SMS :)
Some providers allow sending e-mail from which subject resend as SMS, for example, or your find some hardware system ... this is very different ways ;)
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

To set up SMS, you might want to find a way to add the SMS email address to the user/Agent(s).
http://www.emailtextmessages.com/ has a list of email addresses for sending SMS.

Although, nowadays many smart phones will alert you on new emails, so SMS notifications may not be as necessary.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
user579
Znuny newbie

Post by user579 »

Thanks for the help guys!