OTRS 3.0 missing POP3S/how configure it for POP3S ?

Moderator: crythias

rutschig
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

OTRS 3.0 missing POP3S/how configure it for POP3S ?

Post by rutschig »

Hi,
i have installed 3.0 on a Windows Machine, and like to configure POP3S to pull Mails from my Exchange 2007 Server.
But i cant choose POP3S in the pulldown menu, so OTRS cant pick up the emails, and get an error message if i try only POP3.
Does anybody know how to configure incoming mail settings in Windows for POP3S ?

OTRS 2.4.7 Windows / XAMP32 1.7.3 / Exchange 2007
peter_sk
Znuny newbie

Re: OTRS 3.0 missing POP3S/how configure it for POP3S ?

Post by peter_sk »

I'm just guesing... does it have something to do with this: http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5266

Peter
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12
Mike_B
Znuny Version: CVS HEAD

Post by Mike_B »

No, I'm guessing it has to do with this:

http://doc.otrs.org/2.4/en/html/x1590.html

If you don't see server type you'd want to use available as an option, you miss the required Perl modules. In that case, please refer to "Installation of Perl modules required for OTRS" for instructions. You'd be missing the IO::Socket::SSL module, probably. Run bin/otrs.CheckModules.pl (mind the rename in the script since 2.4) to find out which modules are not on your box.

Looking at your signature it seems you're running XAMPP. If you would choose the OTRS Windows installer, it will set up Apache + MySQL + Perl with all required modules for you, including those for POP3S. That might be more convenient.

--
Mike
huntingbears.nl - @michielbeijen on Twitter
tgilles
Znuny newbie

Post by tgilles »

I used the Windows Installer version of OTRS 3.0 Beta 2 - Still no POP3S or SMTPS is available.

Installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2

Is for some reason the SSL perl module not functional yet in 3.0 or just not working on 64 bit Windows OS yet???
ferrosti
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by ferrosti »

The SSL perl module is part of perl, not of OTRS!
Have a look at your installed perl modules whether SSL is installed.
openSuSE on ESX
IT-Helpdesk: OTRS 3.0
Customer Service: OTRS 3.0 (upgraded from 2.3)
Customer Service (subsidiary): OTRS 3.0
+additional test and development systems
Mike_B

Post by Mike_B »

ferrosti wrote:The SSL perl module is part of perl, not of OTRS!
Have a look at your installed perl modules whether SSL is installed.
Yeah, that's right. The SSL module is a part of Perl. With the Windows Installer, however, we bundle Perl with OTRS.
There's an issue with the Crypt::SSLeay module in that Perl; for some reason it does not work under Apache. It's still under investigation.

We have an open bug report for it: http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5804
--
Mike
sweenig
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.8

Post by sweenig »

Mike_B wrote:If you don't see server type you'd want to use available as an option, you miss the required Perl modules. In that case, please refer to "Installation of Perl modules required for OTRS" for instructions. You'd be missing the IO::Socket::SSL module, probably. Run bin/otrs.CheckModules.pl (mind the rename in the script since 2.4) to find out which modules are not on your box.
So, not being a Linux guy myself, but only having dabbled in it a bit, i'm not sure how to run bin/otrs.CheckModules.pl on a Windows 2003 server OS? I'm guessing since it's a perl script that i'd need to pull it up in a web browser (i.e. make the request through apache so it get's perl processing done on it). What would a full url look like in that case? If i do find that modules are missing (i used the otrs4win installer which should have included everything), how do i install those modules?

Btw, I've done a lot with OTRS, but am not that familiar with the installation (someone else did it, i just managed the app). The windows installation seemed the easiest since it only required one download and one install. The real problem i'm having is that i want to use gmail as my postmaster mail account. Looks like that's possible, but not without the SSL component.
Stuart
wraith
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.0 b4

Post by wraith »

I only began to use OTRS 2 days ago, but i had the same problem and couldn't even use PPM because of a missing dll.
However I managed to resolve both problems by reinstalling perl. After that POP3S and IMAPS were avaiable and the fetchmail and sendmail functions worked properly.
Maybe there's a better way but like i said i've only started to use OTRS 2 days ago.

NOTE: Strawberry perl does't accept ASCI characters in its folder path so i had to uninstall OTRS and install it in c:\OTRS.
OTRS 3.1.5
windows server 2008 R2
SQL Server + IIS
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

So, just uninstall otrs, reinstall into c:\otrs, then download and install strawberry perl?
Stuart
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

Ok, for all the windows guys out there, in order to run the otrs.CheckModules, you'll need to call the perl.exe (wherever it's installed on your system) and pass the otrs.CheckModules as an argument. Perl.exe should have been added to your system path variable so it can be called anywhere, but it didn't in mine. This is how i ended up running that script and finding the cause of the problem (OTRS, why can't you add perl.exe to the path, or at least create a shortcut in my start menu to call this?)

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\OTRS\StrawberryPerl\perl\bin>perl "C:\Program Files\OTRS\OTRS\bin\otrs.CheckModules"
Anyway, this is what i got when i ran it:

Code: Select all

o CGI............................ok (v3.49)
o Date::Pcalc....................ok (v1.2)
o Date::Format...................ok (v2.24)
o DBI............................ok (v1.613)
o DBD::mysql.....................ok (v4.016)
o Digest::MD5....................ok (v2.40)
o Crypt::PasswdMD5...............ok (v1.3)
o LWP::UserAgent.................ok (v5.835)
o Encode::HanExtra...............ok (v0.23)
o IO::Scalar.....................ok (v2.110)
o IO::Wrap.......................ok (v2.110)
o MIME::Base64...................ok (v3.09)
o Mail::Internet.................ok (v2.04)
o MIME::Tools....................ok (v5.427)
o Net::DNS.......................ok (v0.66)
o Net::POP3......................ok (v2.29)
o Mail::POP3Client...............ok (v2.18 )
   o IO::Socket::SSL.............Not installed! (Optional - for POP3 SSL connections)
o Net::IMAP::Simple..............ok (v1.17)
   o Net::IMAP::Simple::SSL......Not installed! (Optional - Required for SSL connections.)
o Net::SMTP......................ok (v2.31)
   o Authen::SASL................ok (v2.12)
   o Net::SMTP::SSL..............Not installed! (Optional - Required for SSL/SMTPS connections.)
o Net::LDAP......................ok (v0.4001)
o GD.............................Not installed! (Optional - for stats)
   o GD::Text....................Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
   o GD::Graph...................Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
   o GD::Graph::lines............Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
   o GD::Text::Align.............Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
o PDF::API2......................ok (v0.73)
   o Compress::Zlib..............ok (v2.03)
o SOAP::Lite.....................ok (v0.712)
o XML::Parser....................Not installed! (Optional - Required for faster xml handling.)
I tried using cpan.bat to install any of these modules. They either report as already installed, or can't install because of many errors. I'm going to try to uninstall OTRS and reinstall to C:\OTRS to see if the non ascii characters in the path are the problem.
Stuart
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

Oh, and i also tried adding the perl.exe path to the system path variable. It had no effect (except that i could now run perl scripts from any command prompt).
Stuart
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

Well, after the reinstall, i get this:
C:\OTRS\StrawberryPerl\perl\bin>perl C:\OTRS\OTRS\bin\otrs.checkModules
o CGI............................ok (v3.49)
o Date::Pcalc....................ok (v1.2)
o Date::Format...................ok (v2.24)
o DBI............................ok (v1.613)
o DBD::mysql.....................ok (v4.016)
o Digest::MD5....................ok (v2.40)
o Crypt::PasswdMD5...............ok (v1.3)
o LWP::UserAgent.................ok (v5.835)
o Encode::HanExtra...............ok (v0.23)
o IO::Scalar.....................ok (v2.110)
o IO::Wrap.......................ok (v2.110)
o MIME::Base64...................ok (v3.09)
o Mail::Internet.................ok (v2.04)
o MIME::Tools....................ok (v5.427)
o Net::DNS.......................ok (v0.66)
o Net::POP3......................ok (v2.29)
o Mail::POP3Client...............ok (v2.18 )
o IO::Socket::SSL.............Not installed! (Optional - for POP3 SSL connections)
o Net::IMAP::Simple..............ok (v1.17)
o Net::IMAP::Simple::SSL......Not installed! (Optional - Required for SSL connections.)
o Net::SMTP......................ok (v2.31)
o Authen::SASL................ok (v2.12)
o Net::SMTP::SSL..............Not installed! (Optional - Required for SSL/SMTPS connections.)
o Net::LDAP......................ok (v0.4001)
o GD.............................Not installed! (Optional - for stats)
o GD::Text....................Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
o GD::Graph...................Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
o GD::Graph::lines............Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
o GD::Text::Align.............Not installed! (Optional - Required for stats.)
o PDF::API2......................ok (v0.73)
o Compress::Zlib..............ok (v2.03)
o SOAP::Lite.....................ok (v0.712)
o XML::Parser....................Not installed! (Optional - Required for faster xml handling.)
So it looks like the reinstallation didn't do any good. Anyone got any other ideas? I'm stumped.

I've started going the route of installing the built in pop3 service in windows 2003 server. I actually got it working with mail routing internally. However, as seems to be the case with everyone going this route, outbound mail sits in the queue and never gets delivered. Everyone seems to blame DNS, but i've checked that and DNS is working. I'm beginning to think my ISP is blocking outbound SMTP connections.
Stuart
jarrod
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0 Beta 4

Post by jarrod »

Hi guys,

Has anyone had any traction on this issue? This thing is killing me. I actually uninstalled Beta 4 and returned to OTRS 2.4.8 only to find the Windows installation is having the same issue. Ouch.

J
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

I finally gave up and loaded it up on Ubuntu. Looks like the windows version is DOA until they fix that bug. It's useless for me.

I was a little disappointed with the Linux version though. Sendmail didn't work out of the box. I did finally have the option of POP3S and SMTPS, so i was able to use my google account. This part was nice because i'll be able to keep OTRS shut down except for when i'm open, but the emails will still queue up.
Stuart
JamesBW
Znuny newbie

Post by JamesBW »

Oh you guys are gonna love me

I was having the same problem installing the modules as i kept getting error messages stating .dll files were missing so i did the logical thing and looked them up

the ones in question were

libeay32_.dll
libssl32_.dll
libidn-11.dll

now this is the good part, these files were located in the directory

C:\OTRS\StrawberryPerl\c\bin

so I copied and pasted all the files with lib in the first part of the filename to

c:\windows\system32

now i forgot the names of the modules so i ran the chcksum so i could look at what needed installing and Ta da all the modules are now installed mysteriously!!!!

before i had exactly the same problem with ones above missing that sweenig posted

now im gonna test my exchange account to see what happens
Last edited by JamesBW on 29 Oct 2010, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
JamesBW
Znuny newbie

Post by JamesBW »

OTRS is retreving mail via IMAPS successfully from exchange 2010

POP3S does not tho seem to authenticate tho which is strange
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

That is incredibly interesting. I'm going to have to try that when i get a chance. I eventually gave up and ran ubuntu in a vm. If i get some free time over the next few weekends, i'll run up the windows version and try this patch.
Stuart
JamesBW
Znuny newbie

Post by JamesBW »

Tell me about it

I posted a new thread on it last week as i was getting the authentification error but didnt get any replys, and i found this thread and thought id check to see if mine matched up to the modules missing

you can see my set up on

http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=6410

also mine wouldint let me run pearl scripts so i just did open with on the chcksum file and pointed it to the pearl.exe

its found in

C:\OTRS\StrawberryPerl\bin

along with cpan.bat which you can just run by double clicking it
sweenig
Znuny newbie

Post by sweenig »

Yeah, the open with situation can be simplified by adding the path to the perl executable to the system path variable. Then you can command line out to the script you want to run and just do 'perl script.pl'.
Stuart
Mike_B

Post by Mike_B »

sweenig wrote:Yeah, the open with situation can be simplified by adding the path to the perl executable to the system path variable. Then you can command line out to the script you want to run and just do 'perl script.pl'.
Hi Sweenig,

It's a bit 'after the fact' but the new OTRS installers (both for 2.4.9 and for 3.0.0beta6) have now the Perl directories added to %PATH%. This means that you can configure and use POP3S mailboxes, and you can type "perl myfile.pl" in a cmd window.

ftp://ftp.otrs.org/pub/otrs/otrs-3.0.0- ... -beta2.exe

Feedback is welcome!

--
Mike