Variables in PostMaster filter

Moderator: crythias

ejb
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Variables in PostMaster filter

Post by ejb »

Hi, I hope someone can help me. I am trying to set an X-header value using a variable in a PostMaster filter. A quick background: We use LDAP for customer user authentication and our customers create tickets directly in the web interface. However, we have a recent requirement for some tickets to be created via email. The postmaster mailbox works fine and the ticket is created with the customer_id and customer_user_id both set to the email address of the customer. This is all what I would expect. However, when the agent tries to write a reply from within the ticket, the "To" field is empty. I can fix this (sort of) by setting a value for the X-OTRS-CustomerUser header, but so far I have only succeeded in using an explicit value, which doesn't really solve my problem. Can I set this using a variable, and if so, how?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide.

Eva
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Variables in PostMaster filter

Post by crythias »

You might want to check your LDAP map versus the docs or the wiki for Customer. If you follow it well enough, you don't need a PostmasterFilter to handle your request.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
ejb
Znuny newbie

Post by ejb »

Thanks for your reply. The filter is basically to direct the emails to one of several different subqueues depending on the text in the subject line. That part is working as expected. I will ask my web developer to look into the perl code and see if he can figure out why it's missing the customer email. I do see that this is being entered correctly in the database.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Specifically, make sure Config.pm is set up with a good Map. http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Us ... _customers
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
ejb
Znuny newbie

Post by ejb »

Thanks. This issue turned out to be a problem with the setup of our older test server. Everything works well on the new test server, so I am good to go. Thanks for your input.