notifications in general

Moderator: crythias

lsaspac
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

notifications in general

Post by lsaspac »

Hi folks,

I've got a specific question and a general one. I used OTRS 2.4.7, MySQL on a Win2008 server

Specifically: When I use the option Email-Ticket to create a ticket on the agent side of OTRS, it automatically sends an email to the customer. How can I modify or disable this message?

The email is only sent when an agent creates a ticket using Email-Ticket. I'd like to replace it with a Notification(Event) which sends an email regardless of who created the ticket. If i set this up, then the customer receives 2 emails. The email's template is different to anything stored in Auto-responses, Notification & Notification(Event).

General: there's alot of options for automatically generated emails: Auto Responses, Notification & Notification Event. In lamen's terms where should each be utilized? The templates stored under Notification don't seem to be sent at all. I haven't been able to find much info in the documentation.

many thanks

David
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: notifications in general

Post by crythias »

Here's what I've found, in about the most basic layman's terms:

If an Agent wants to send a canned message to a Customer regarding a ticket from within TicketZoom, it's a Response.
If a Customer sends something to OTRS, it's an Auto Response [to the customer, usually] to reply to the Customer.
If an Agent (or Generic Agent) does something to a ticket (or a ticket is otherwise updated), it's a Notification (Event).
If an Agent wants to send to other Agents, they send a Notification.

I don't tend to use Email ticket to create tickets. I assume all tickets are Phone Tickets for me, or I forward emails to the ticket system with a #customer tag (Custom PostmasterFilter uses that tag instead of my email address to set the customer).
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
lsaspac
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: notifications in general

Post by lsaspac »

thanks, thats put me back on the right track