Moderator: crythias

andersonserra
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs 3.0.11
Company: Point of Presence of RNP in Maranhao - PoPMA-RNP

create ticket via email

Post by andersonserra »

Dear friends,

I would like to know how can I configure it to OTRS 2.4.7 create tickets by email. The system is already in production here in the company and helped a lot. I work for a telecom company and always manage links from our customers. We use a system that sends email to each alert generated. I would like to integrate this type of service with the OTRS. I checked the manual section, admin> filter postmaster, who spoke a little about the use of regular expressions. I would like to know how the OTRS recognizes incoming email and then treats it to be created the ticket.

Serra, Anderson
São Luís - MA / BRAZIL
Anderson Serra
Networks analyst at RNP - Brazil
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: create ticket via email

Post by crythias »

OTRS assumes each and every email that does not have a ticket number is a new ticket.
OTRS will need its own email address for that purpose.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
andersonserra
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: otrs 3.0.11
Company: Point of Presence of RNP in Maranhao - PoPMA-RNP

Post by andersonserra »

cristhias hi,

I create a mail account for each system, to OTRS and other. The email notification from the creation of tickets in otrs own, is ready, I installed the recommended package, sendmail for sending mail, I use ubuntu server 8.04. From what I understood the OTRS ticket creates automatically when you receive any type of email so it is easier to configure, it is necessary to install another package to receive emails in otrs?

thanks,

Serra, Anderson
São Luís - MA / BRAZIL
Anderson Serra
Networks analyst at RNP - Brazil
crythias

Post by crythias »

I believe OTRS uses fetchmail to get tickets from the mailbox. You shouldn't need anything but OTRS to get mail.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

you can use the OTRS internal PostMaster Account for fetching mails. You can use Procmail or fetchmail on the OTRS Box also
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
fbobraga
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by fbobraga »

crythias wrote:OTRS assumes each and every email that does not have a ticket number is a new ticket.
(...)
by "does not have a ticket number" you mean not having the ticket number in the Subject line of the e-mail?
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
crythias

Post by crythias »

Yes, that doesn't have the ticket number in the Subject line :). Possibly, as well, if the ticket number isn't in the subject according to the ticket hash layout.