How to configure pop3 port number?

Moderator: crythias

snezana
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

How to configure pop3 port number?

Post by snezana »

Is there a way to define a specific port number for pop3 accout?

update:
I found that it can probably be done by selecting option POP3S as mail account type. But, I don't have that option in PostMasterMailAccount, only pop3 and imap.
In manual I found this section:
"Also, you need to select the mail server type, which can be POP3, POP3S, IMAP or IMAPS. If you don't see server type you'd want to use available as an option, you miss the required Perl modules. In that case, please refer to "Installation of Perl modules required for OTRS" for instructions."

In "Installation of Perl modules required for OTRS" it is described how to check installed Perl modules but for Linux and I run OTRS on Windows.
Can anybody explain how can I check if I have correct Perl modules in Windows?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: How to configure pop3 port number?

Post by crythias »

did you attempt host:port?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
snezana
Znuny newbie

Post by snezana »

crythias wrote:did you attempt host:port?
Sorry, but I don't understand what to do with "host:port"?
I searched SysConfig for "host" or "port" but can't find anything that has anything to do with configuring pop3S.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

I apologize. In an attempt to be brief, I made assumptions that were apparently not valid.
I wanted to know if you had attempted to append the port number to the host name in the configuration option:
pop.mailaccount.tld:110
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
snezana
Znuny newbie

Post by snezana »

crythias wrote:I apologize. In an attempt to be brief, I made assumptions that were apparently not valid.
I wanted to know if you had attempted to append the port number to the host name in the configuration option:
pop.mailaccount.tld:110
Oh, that. Silly me. :)
No, but I tried now and still no luck.
I need to evaluate OTRS for use in my company so I installed windows package and everything works fine except receiving emails.
For testing receiving emails in OTRS I can't use corporate mail server so I opened a Gmail account for collecting mail for OTRS but to do so, I need to set up POP3S and SSL in OTRS and don't now how.
It seems that to do so I need to now something about working with Perl modules in Windows environment but that is totaly new for me. :(

update:
Managed somehow to use cpan and to try to install modules Mail::Pop3Client and IO::Socket::SSL but it returned that modules are up to date.
In OTRS still no way of selecting POP3S.
No clue what to do next so I give up.
Tomorow maybe I will try some other email.

update 1. oct 2010:
I just found this: http://bugs.otrs.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5804.
Seems that missing POP3S is a known bug in combination windows+apache+StrawberyPerl.