OTRS for film tracking

Moderator: crythias

br1
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

OTRS for film tracking

Post by br1 »

Hi Everyone,

I just installed OTRS on windows and would like to use it for a specific task.
I' m giving support for a 3D feature film, we have around 20 people having a lot of problems, and I was looking for an easy way to track all those and assign them to specific team members.

So my first feeling is to add all the concerned people as agent and according to the problem, move it to different queues and let the concerned agent solve all the problems in those queues. For that particular setup, I first don' t need the email submission (which I removed from the buttons using sysconfig). Everyone will use phone submission, as there is nothing like a web submission. Still in the phone submission a customer is required, and this is a bit problematic because the customers are the agents. So do I have to create both identities for everyone or is there a simple way to just deactivate all the customer parts and only use agents.

Another request I' d have, as we are working on a film, we split everything in sequences and shots. So for example, a problem occurs in sequence 320, shot 10. I need this to be extremely visible and was wondering if I could have multiple input fields in the subject, like here :
0320-0010 : Problem with hand animation.
The first part being the sequence number, the dash being automatically or humanly added, then come the shot, the a short description.
Maybe there' s another way using other fields (I tried freeTextfields but could n' t position them next to the subject, which is quite important for the film).

Finally, we viewing the tickets, is there a way to hide the ticket number ? I really don' t need those, again because we mostly work with sequences and shots.

If I already have answers to those questions, I' ll consider myself as a lucky man !

Thanks

Bruno