tickets are getting generated for mails from postmaster

Moderator: crythias

manishz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

tickets are getting generated for mails from postmaster

Post by manishz »

Hello ,

I am facing some problem with my otrs settings. Whenever there is followup email from postmater new ticket is getting generated. The content of the followup email is given below.

Also "SendNoAutoResponseRegExp" is on with regex "(MAILER-DAEMON|postmaster|abuse|junk)@.+?\..+?".
Still otrs is sending auto responses to emails from postmaster.

"System Administrator" <postmaster@exch012.intermedia.net>
To:
"Admarvel Tickets" <admarveltickets@admarvel.com>
Subject:
Undeliverable: [Ticket#2010100310001786] You got follow up! (Undeliverable: New ticke [...])
Created:
03/10/2010 05:03:42
Attachment:
file-2 Download 232 Bytes
file-3 Download 678 Bytes
file-4 Download 1.1 KBytes
Your message

To: Mayura Gangla begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Subject: [Ticket#2010100310001786] You got follow up! (Undeliverable:
New ticke [...])
Sent: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 21:53:53 -0700

did not reach the following recipient(s):

Mayura Gangla begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting on Sat, 2 Oct 2010 21:53:56 -0700
The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox
is full.
<EXVBE012-13.exch012.intermedia.net #5.2.2>

Need help. Thanks in advance
Manish
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: tickets are getting generated for mails from postmaster

Post by crythias »

The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full.
This is a recipient mailbox quota issue regarding total mailbox size or individual email size (including attachment)? This isn't necessarily OTRS related.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
manishz
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Post by manishz »

Hello crythias,

Thanks for the reply.
Actually I am asking for the help to stop the ticket creation from such notification.
"The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full." is a recipients mailbox issue.
But new tickets creation from such notification which is sent by postmaster is OTRS issue.

Also "SendNoAutoResponseRegExp" is on with regex "(MAILER-DAEMON|postmaster|abuse|junk)@.+?\..+?".
Still otrs is sending auto responses to emails from postmaster.
crythias

Post by crythias »

There are two parts to this:
1) Does OTRS generate a ticket for postmaster (answer: yes)
2) Does OTRS autorespond to postmaster (answer: no, likely because you'd possibly have said multiple tickets get generated due to postmaster bounce.)

Would you like to prevent a ticket from postmaster?
I believe the quick answer is to add a new PostmasterFilter with that Regex or enable this in the same admin section:
PostMaster::PreFilterModule###1-Match:
Module to filter and manipulate incoming messages. Block/ignore all spam email with From: noreply@ address.

Click the New button under that and paste the regex above.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
lbtillman-young
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

Post by lbtillman-young »

Hi all,

I am going to piggy-back off of this thread because my question is very much related.

I am using OTRS in a school helpdesk enivronment where users send help requests to help@university.edu which generates a ticket. Our Help Desk coordinator also replies from help@university.edu, when a user responds to her message ANOTHER ticket is created. So subsquently we end up with multiple replies resulting multiple tickets.

Something i did look into was perhaps filtering emails that include the "Re:" statement in front of replies. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Luke
crythias

Post by crythias »

Preventing "Re:" responses is possible, but not advised due to legitimate responses to actual tickets.
Depending on your situation, I'd suggest a new email address dedicated to tickets. Note that the system email address can and likely should be the OTRS ticket email address, but agents and users/customers should not have that email address.

The Help Desk coordinator should respond within OTRS to existing tickets.

It's not practical for OTRS's system email address to be a human. Emails *can* be forwarded to the ticket system, though.
http://wiki.otrs.org/index.php?title=Cr ... _API_calls