Package Manager: Need write permission in OTRS home

Moderator: crythias

wizzbangca
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.8

Package Manager: Need write permission in OTRS home

Post by wizzbangca »

Trying to use OTRS, but am constantly haveing permission errors after installation. The permissions have been an all day, very irritating, and would be a complete waste of time if the rpm installer set the correct permissions to begin with.

After all day, I am still not done with them all. I go to "Package Manager" and end up with the following:
Software error:

ERROR: Need write permission in OTRS home
Try: $OTRS_HOME/bin/SetPermissions.pl !!!

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (root@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

I go to "SysConfig" and end up with "Error: Can't write /opt/otrs/Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAAuto.pm: Permission denied!" in big red letters.

Trying to fix these erorrs, I have done the following. Absolutely none have solved the problem, even though they execute without error, and ls -l shows permissions have been changed throughout the otrs directory structure after each command.

chmod -R 777 /opt

chmod -R 777 /opt/otrs

./SetPermissions.pl --otrs-user=otrs --web-user=apache --otrs-group=apache --web-group=apache /opt/otrs

./SetPermissions.pl --otrs-user=apache --web-user=apache --otrs-group=apache --web-group=apache /opt/otrs

I have searched and searched and searched and searched and searched and only come up with suggestions that say trying what I already did and no solutions that are confirmed working. What I believe to be pertinent information is below.

OTRS Version: 2.4.8
Install Date: Today
Install Method: rpm from OTRS website downloaded today.
Changes after installation: nothing to anything anywhere, not even in OTRS. OTRS is in fresh install state.
Apache 2.2.3 installed via yum
PHP 5.1.6 installed via yum.
MySQL 5.xxx installed via yum.
Users: otrs, apache
Groups: apache
OTRS 3.2.6
Centos 6 with default httpd and mysqld packages
wizzbangca
Znuny newbie

Re: Package Manager: Need write permission in OTRS home

Post by wizzbangca »

My apologies, please move to the Errors group.
OTRS 3.2.6
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Did you disable SELINUX?
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
wizzbangca
Znuny newbie

Post by wizzbangca »

The tutorial I was following claimed to disable selinux. However, their command didn't exactly disable selinux. Instead I have to disable selinux through the config file. Selinux was set to permissive, just in case. Once done, all i have to do from there was increase the max post size and upload file size in the php.ini file, and then add the max file storage to 16meg in my.cnf. So far all is well. All of which was not mentioned by the tutorial I was following.

Not to belittle anyone's suggestion, I thought of selinux as the culprit earlier from a joomla nightmare I had with a server a few months ago. Tested out the possibility, then came back to report my findings.

For now otrs is working. However, disabling selinux is not something I am comfortable with. So, I'm going to keep trying to figure out how to make selinux let otrs do what is needs to do.

Thanks for the suggestion, that worked.
OTRS 3.2.6
bgone
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.19

Post by bgone »

I had same problem and fixed it yesterday, but it has other trouble:
¨
Important : Calendar 1.9.4 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : FAQ 1.6.5 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : FileManager 1.4.8 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : GeneralCatalog 2.1.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : ITSMChangeManagement 2.1.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : ITSMConfigurationManagement 2.1.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : ITSMCore 2.1.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : ITSMServiceLevelManagement 2.1.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : ImportExport 2.1.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : OpenNMS 1.2.1 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : Survey 1.2.4 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : TimeAccounting 1.3.3 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
Important : WebMail 0.13.2 - Package not correctly deployed! You should reinstall the Package again!
¨
I was unistall or reinstall but received notice the same. :(

Any one could help please
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

please have a look in the logfile. It seems that the webserver has not the correct permissions to write files.

As you are using a package not povided by the OTRS Team you should also open a bug for the package mantainer at Debian/Ubuntu
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com