[Resolved]Test Environment: OTRS 2.2.4 > 3.0 beta5

Moderator: crythias

RyanGrob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0

[Resolved]Test Environment: OTRS 2.2.4 > 3.0 beta5

Post by RyanGrob »

So our current linux box (Ubuntu) runs OTRS 2.2.4. For testing purposes, I have a completely different server set up to see how migration will be from 2.2.4 > 3.0. So far, my database doesn't completely transfer right. Here is what I've done:

On current production box: ran mysqldump to backup current otrs database. Transferred this file to the testing box

Testing Box: Fresh install of 3.0 beta5. Initial setup runs fine, everything is dandy.

After 3.0 beta5 setup is complete and functioning, I copy over the database backup file from production unit using:
mysql -u [username] -p [password] [database_to_restore] < [backupfile]

After which, I run through the upgrading procedures. Then after bringing everything back up, I can log in but a) no agent accounts transferred, b) no customer accounts transferred, c) it has my number of tickets but there is no subject or content and I receive an error trying to view my queue (error: Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at ../..//Kernel/Output/HTML/TicketOverviewPreview.pm line 220. For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@localhost), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.) and basically nothing important copied over correctly, just a few settings.

I did receive some errors when running the first part of the database changes script:
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 22: Table 'ticket_flag' already exists
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 49: Table 'virtual_fs' already exists
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 62: Table 'virtual_fs_preferences' already exists
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 72: Table 'virtual_fs_db' already exists
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 102: Unknown column 'zip' in 'customer_user'
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 103: Unknown column 'zip' in 'customer_user'
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 107: Unknown column 'city' in 'customer_user'
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 108: Unknown column 'city' in 'customer_user'
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 112: Unknown column 'country' in 'customer_user'
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 113: Unknown column 'country' in 'customer_user'
ERROR 1054 (42S22) at line 122: Unknown column 'salutation' in 'users'
ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 340: Duplicate column name 'comments'

Migration script gave this output:
Start migration of the system...

NOTICE: Migrating themes...
NOTICE: Permission table cleanup ...done!
NOTICE: Setting pending time to null...
done!

Migration of the system completed!
(in cleanup) Can't call method "Dump" on an undefined value at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/SysConfig.pm line 590 during global destruction.

The rest ran perfectly fine.

Obviously the database transfer is screwing up. What was interesting:
2.2.4 MySQL DB: 59 tables
3.0 beta5 fresh install DB: 73 tables
Merging 2.2.4 DB into 3.0 beta5 fresh install: 76 tables

Questions:
1) Do I need to update database tables by major releases? Such as run DBUpdate-2.4 first and then DBUpdate-3.0 ?
2) If not, did I just do everything in the wrong order?
3) Any help is appreciated :) thanks!
Last edited by RyanGrob on 15 Oct 2010, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
RyanGrob
Znuny newbie

Re: Test Environment: OTRS 2.2.4 > 3.0 beta5

Post by RyanGrob »

Had some time so did this on my testing machine:

Installed OTRS 2.2.4 and used my production box backup of MySQL database. Everything copied and worked fine.
Upgraded to OTRS 2.3.6 and followed the upgrading documentation. Everything worked fine.
Upgraded to OTRS 2.4.8 and followed the upgrading documentation. Everything worked fine.
Upgraded to OTRS 3.0 beta5 and followed the upgrading documentation. Only received the following error: Migration of the system completed!
(in cleanup) Can't call method "Dump" on an undefined value at /opt/otrs/Kernel/System/SysConfig.pm line 590 during global destruction.

Now, on the OTRS 3.0 beta5 the tickets all copied over (and apparently the agent users and possible customer users) but there is no access to any of the Admin settings or top features. When trying to navigate to the customer.pl page, it won't let me log in stating it could not initialize Core.UI or find Core.Data. Still lets me log in to the agent panel using all my agent accounts and view all my tickets. That's just about all I can do though.

Getting close but something goes amiss when running the migration scripts. Understandably there will be issues since this is beta but I'm really digging 3.0 :)
RyanGrob
Znuny newbie

Re: Test Environment: OTRS 2.2.4 > 3.0 beta5

Post by RyanGrob »

Well, found the solution.

Remove ZZZAuto.pm and everything runs great. Sorry for the useless thread :X