QueueIDs bug

Moderator: crythias

acrodesign
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3

QueueIDs bug

Post by acrodesign »

When providing QueueIDs to a dashlet (like QueueIDs=7;QueueIDs=8;), only items from queue 7 are displayed.
Mothra
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.2.11

Re: QueueIDs bug

Post by Mothra »

It's more by design than a bug. The dashlet views ("Locked", "My Queues" and "All") already determine which queues you will see, so specifying QueueIDs in the dashlet attributes is largely redundant.

EDIT: For reference:

Locked = only your locked tickets
My Queues = all tickets (locked & unlocked) in the queues selected in your preferences
All = all tickets (locked & unlocked) in queues that you have rw access to
OTRS 3.2.11 on Centos 6.4 with MySQL 5.0. Agents and internal customers authenticate via Active Directory.
acrodesign
Znuny newbie

Post by acrodesign »

It's by design that you can (actually must) specify multiple queue ids, but only use one?

We use the QueueIDs to organize open tickets into multiple dashlets.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6351 seems to indicate that the second value may be ignored, but required.

If you want to specify specific queues, you'll want to have them selected in your preferences in "My Queues".
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
crythias

Post by crythias »

Don't forget there's a Ticket Queue View.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Mothra
Znuny expert

Post by Mothra »

acrodesign wrote:It's by design that you can (actually must) specify multiple queue ids, but only use one?

We use the QueueIDs to organize open tickets into multiple dashlets.
And unfortunately, this is not what they were primarily designed for. Dashlets can be customised, yes, but if you start trying to specify queues or lock statuses, you end up with weird results, because there's another bit of code that overrides (or collides with) these two attributes.

As Crythias mentioned above, if you want to see tickets from more than one queue in your dashlet, select them in your My Queues preferences, and then use the "MyQueues" view in the dashlet itself.

If you want separate dashlets for separate queues, only specify a single QueueID in the dashlet attributes section, and then make sure you only use the "All" view.
Last edited by Mothra on 03 Feb 2011, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS 3.2.11 on Centos 6.4 with MySQL 5.0. Agents and internal customers authenticate via Active Directory.
Mothra
Znuny expert

Post by Mothra »

crythias wrote:http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=6351 seems to indicate that the second value may be ignored, but required.

If you want to specify specific queues, you'll want to have them selected in your preferences in "My Queues".
That particular bug was fixed in 3.0.4 - for any of the array attributes, you can now just specify a single one.
acrodesign
Znuny newbie

Post by acrodesign »

I just want to customize my dashboard to see a quick view of everything I'm interested in. The My Views/All is a very limited choice.

From what I've seen, it seems like I could create my on dashboard module. Is that possible? Are there instructions somewhere?
crythias

Post by crythias »

You could also save a search.
Mothra
Znuny expert

Post by Mothra »

acrodesign wrote:I just want to customize my dashboard to see a quick view of everything I'm interested in. The My Views/All is a very limited choice.

From what I've seen, it seems like I could create my on dashboard module. Is that possible? Are there instructions somewhere?
It's a bit tricky to answer this without knowing what you're "interested in" and why you think the default dashboard doesn't/can't display this. Could you give a little more detail as to what you want to see?

I don't find the My Queues and All views limited at all- the My Queues view can be customised very easily by clicking on your name (top-right of the screen) and selecting one or more queues that you're interested in. By default, you've then got dashlets to show new, open, reminder and escalated tickets in the main area, and the option to show upcoming escalations on the right.
Last edited by Mothra on 03 Feb 2011, 18:09, edited 1 time in total.
crythias

Post by crythias »

I think he's probably categorizing sets of queues. Although, perhaps subqueues might mitigate some of that, if the entire Queue::SubQueue structure showed instead of the queuename only.
Mothra
Znuny expert

Post by Mothra »

crythias wrote:I think he's probably categorizing sets of queues. Although, perhaps subqueues might mitigate some of that, if the entire Queue::SubQueue structure showed instead of the queuename only.
This would be nice, but I don't see much evidence in OTRS to show that sub queues in any way 'belong' or 'relate to' the queues above them.
acrodesign
Znuny newbie

Post by acrodesign »

The My Queues/All choice only allows you to define one set of queues. Plus, your choice of My Queues affects other areas of the frontend, not just the dashboard.

This is my specific case:
* the raw queue holds on-going technical support threads with customers
* if an issue turns out to be a bug, it is split and the bug added to a bug queue for that product
* if an issue includes a feature request, it is split and the feature request added to a feature request queue for that product
* the Open Tickets / Needs to be answered dashlet needs to show open tickets only from the raw queue
* below that is a bug dashlet that displays open tickets from all product bug queues
* below that is a feature dashlet that displays open tickets from all product feature request queues

I like the general idea of the dashboard, and it makes a lot of sense to allow the addition of completely customized dashlets. All the system needs to know is a set of attributes that the dashlet uses (for editing in SysConfig), the URL of the content generator, and if it is "SmallContent" or "LargeContent". On the code side, the API just needs to provide a way to get its configuration.
crythias

Post by crythias »

You can save a search, because bugs and enhancement requests aren't necessarily day-to-day fix-its, and if they are, they're real tickets for the bug fixers.