fedora 5.0, OTRS 3.0.6

Professional software engineer
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: OTRS feature

Post by crythias »

link: sibling or parent/child relationship between two tickets
merge: two tickets now are one ticket number

bounce: (?) what context? Generally it means email didn't reach the recipient, so the "does not exist at this address" "bounces" back to the sender.
forward: same concept as email.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
oscar
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.6

Post by oscar »

wow, thank crythias, you are really kind people, you help me a lot

thank you and appreciate it :D
fedora 5.0, OTRS 3.0.6

Professional software engineer
elitt
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10
Company: Elitt

Post by elitt »

I am also wondering what are the differences between 'bounce' and 'forward' actions in OTRS ticket.

Explanation :
When an agent uses the 'bounce' button in ticket zoom view, the email is not sent but the action is well logged into the history view as 'Bounced to "xxx.yyy@zzz.com" (Bounce)'.
When the same agent on the same ticket uses the 'forward' button, the email is well sent, it also appears in the article list, and the action is logged into the history as 'Forwarded to "xxx.yyy@zzz.com" (Forward)'.

1. Why the bounced email doesn't appear in article list ?
2. What are the differences in sending process for those two types on email ? Headers have different values or parameters ?

We also have troubles on notifications : none is received on our company email addresses. When I manage tests on other addresses (like gmail, hotmail or other), the notification messages are well received without any change on OTRS configuration.
I assume that the two issues are related and the bounce action manages a notification message to the address given in the bounce window.
Is it right ?
OTRS v5.0.10 on Fedora25 with posgreSQL 9.4.9 database