Forcing 'Follow up Option' on any ticket state

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
bbs2web
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Forcing 'Follow up Option' on any ticket state

Post by bbs2web »

Does anyone know how to force the 'Follow up Option' to take affect on any ticket state instead of only 'closed' tickets? We are trying to implement a 'Quality Control' queue whereby agents move completed tickets to this queue for review prior to them being closed and want further replies from customers to spawn new tickets rather than being appended to the ticket as it's essentially still open.

I really don't mind if this is a system wide change as opposed to only applying to specific queues.
fbobraga
Znuny newbie

Re: Forcing 'Follow up Option' on any ticket state

Post by fbobraga »

AFAIK, every new mail becomes a follow up (independently of the ticket state) if:
- there is the ticket number in the Subject line of the e-mail
- the queue is configured for it (setup: "possible" on "Follow up Option:", in the "Admin" > "Queues")
Evaluation/pilot: OTRS 2.4.7 on Linux (CentOS 5.4) with MySQL database connected to an Active Directory for Agents and Customers.
bbs2web
Znuny newbie

Post by bbs2web »

We have set the 'QC' (Quality Control) Queue to have a 'Follow up Option' state of 'new ticket'.
Replies by the client, by OTRS design, are still added to the ticket when the ticket is 'open' and only spawn new tickets when the ticket is 'closed'. We want to change OTRS so that it always spawn a new ticket, regardless of the ticket state, if it's in a Queue where the 'Follop up Option' has been set to 'new'.

We are essentially trying to do the opposite of this::
AFAIK, every new mail becomes a follow up (independently of the ticket state) if:

ie: no mail, regardless if the ticket is open, pending or closed, becomes a follow up; if the 'Follow up Option' is set to anything but 'possible'.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

The behavior of OTRS is like designed...
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
bbs2web
Znuny newbie

Post by bbs2web »

I *KNOW* THAT, I WANT TO CHANGE IT!

As I detailed in my earlier mail, I want to customise OTRS's behaviour to apply the selected 'Follow up Option' regardless of the ticket state. This really should be a configuration option but I'm willing to change the code to suit our needs if someone could simply point us in the right direction.
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Post by jojo »

I'll move your post to development area in this forum.

Please read also the developer doc on doc.otrs.org and also the API on dev.otrs.org
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com