English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Dependent FreeTextField

Post by MichaelR »

Hey,

What kind of scope of work would it take to make a particular FreeTextField dependent on another.

I have a FreeTextField called 'Product' where agents can define which product the ticket is about, and I have another FreeTextField called 'Product X - Sub Category' where if an agent has selected Product X, they need to choose a sub category.

What I would be interested in knowing if it is client/server side:
- Hiding/Showing FreeTextField's depending on the selection of other FreeTextField's.
- Making said FreeTextField's compulsory if they are shown.

I remember asking a while back (OTRS 2.3-ish) but it was not possible then. But now that OTRS is using AJAX etc. Would something like this be possible as a feature now?

Cheers,
Michael
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
Daniel Obee
Znuny Version: various

Re: Dependent FreeTextField

Post by Daniel Obee »

We had said functionality developed for 2.4 to classify our tickets in a topic-issue-detail schema. Data was taken out of three separate data base tables.

We haven't come to port the thing to 3.0.x but it is one of the deal breakers when it comes to updating. I'm sure we will port it some time - but it might take a while.

Greets
Daniel
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Re: Dependent FreeTextField

Post by MichaelR »

Fair enough then, I am looking forward to it

Thanks for answering!

Cheers,
Michael
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText