Documentation for Znuny 6.4

English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
glorang
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.1

Documentation for Znuny 6.4

Post by glorang »

Hope this is the correct place to ask. I've a question about the upgrade guide to Znuny 6.4 at https://doc.znuny.org/manual/releases/i ... e-6.4.html

- Chapter "New Required Modules" lists packages "Crypt::JWT" and "Crypt::OpenSSL::X509" but I think the sentence Due to the integration of Znuny4OTRS-ExcelStats, please ensure the installation of the following perl modules. is a copy-paste error from the update to 6.3 procedure or are those packages actually required for "Znuny4OTRS-ExcelStats" ? I have the feeling the real requirement is missing

- I'm not sure what exactly the purpose is of following step (it's the same in all upgrade procedures)

Code: Select all

# Restore modified and custom cron job
for f in $(find -L /opt/otrs/var/cron -maxdepth 1 -type f -name .\* -not -name \*.dist); do cp -av "$f" /opt/znuny-6.4.2/var/cron/; done
I'm guessing this -name .\* is a a copy/paste error from the restore dot files in the previous step. Without the -name .\* this would overwrite / restore aaa_base and otrs_daemon crons, meaning you (as publisher) can never update them. Not sure this is what you want?

In any case some minor stuff, many thanks for all your efforts! :-)
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: Documentation for Znuny 6.4

Post by root »

Hi Glorang,

Two hits, thank you for your feedback.
glorang wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:29 Hope this is the correct place to ask. I've a question about the upgrade guide to Znuny 6.4 at https://doc.znuny.org/manual/releases/i ... e-6.4.html

- Chapter "New Required Modules" lists packages "Crypt::JWT" and "Crypt::OpenSSL::X509" but I think the sentence Due to the integration of Znuny4OTRS-ExcelStats, please ensure the installation of the following perl modules. is a copy-paste error from the update to 6.3 procedure or are those packages actually required for "Znuny4OTRS-ExcelStats" ? I have the feeling the real requirement is missing
You are absolutely right, the packages are required for the Generic Interface (web services) and not the the mentioned add-on.
glorang wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:29 - I'm not sure what exactly the purpose is of following step (it's the same in all upgrade procedures)

Code: Select all

# Restore modified and custom cron job
for f in $(find -L /opt/otrs/var/cron -maxdepth 1 -type f -name .\* -not -name \*.dist); do cp -av "$f" /opt/znuny-6.4.2/var/cron/; done
I'm guessing this -name .\* is a a copy/paste error from the restore dot files in the previous step. Without the -name .\* this would overwrite / restore aaa_base and otrs_daemon crons, meaning you (as publisher) can never update them. Not sure this is what you want?
Same goes here, it not .\* it's just \* to find al ordinary files in /opt/otrs/var/cron. This is to grab your changes on both existing ones and the added files.
glorang wrote: 30 Aug 2022, 12:29 In any case some minor stuff, many thanks for all your efforts! :-)
Thank you.

We will fix the reported issues.

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?