English! place to talk about development, programming and coding
StefanoBoccanera
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.5
Company: I.Conseils (self-employee)

Some problem modifying the header for Agent web form

Post by StefanoBoccanera »

Hi

I'd like to modify the header of Agent web screen (all agnet's screens).
So according to the procedure into Developer manual, I create a custom directory, copied the core.header.css and the new header_bg.png under the custom directory, created the xxxxxxskin.xml file under ./Kernel/Config/Files path and finally configuring the Loader::Agent::DefaultSelectedSkin with the new skin name.

Then I connected to OTRS and :
a) the Login Form was ok, showing the new header
b) after login I entered into the ITSM main form and .... the header was reset to the default header

It looks like only at login time the new directory path was used, after all reset to the default path.
I'll try to change the name of header_bg.png (also modifying the core.header.css) but nothing is changed.

Any suggestions ? I'd like to avoid modification to the default core.header.css file .....

stefano
Stefano Boccanera

OTRS : 3.1.5
ITSM : 3.1
S.O : RH
RDBMS : Postgres
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Re: Some problem modifying the header for Agent web form

Post by MichaelR »

Which section are you talking about? Can you post a screen shot of the header part you are trying to modify?

I think there is a sysconfig option for changing the header_bg.png... Do you mean the one in Framework -> Frontend::Agent?
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
StefanoBoccanera
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.5
Company: I.Conseils (self-employee)

Re: Some problem modifying the header for Agent web form

Post by StefanoBoccanera »

Hi Michael
i'm afraid if my post was confusing.

The quoted document section is Chapter 2, section 'Skins' starting at page 14.

I wanted to modify the original header_bg putting a different customer background, leaving the other form's stuff unchanged (button, tabs, etc.).

This morning I found the problem, after a check on the modified core.header.css. All is going fine if I copy every png file used into the css file
despite if I modified them or not. So I copied that files (really duplicated them) from the default/img directory to the custom/img directory and
all is ok.

By the way I had also modified the agent skin parameter (selcting teh customized skin) by SysConfig Agent Management panel. This step was missing (was a my error of course).

best regards

stefano
Stefano Boccanera

OTRS : 3.1.5
ITSM : 3.1
S.O : RH
RDBMS : Postgres