Moderator: crythias

djcaetano
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.19
Company: Universidade de São Paulo

PostMaster is not fetching some e-mail

Post by djcaetano »

Hi there,

My name is Daniel Caetano and I am responsible for OTRS installation in our department at University of São Paulo. Our system is configured to fetch some gmail accounts and create tickets on several queues. Everything has been working fine for more than a year but last week a strange behaviour was noticed: in one of those gmail accounts, some emails are simply not fetched. This is happening in a single email account and only regarding to some email.
None of these email have large attachments (some do not have attachments at all) and as far as I could verify, they are not using foreign/strange character coding.
I executed ./otrs.PostMasterMailbox.pl command, but everything seems to be fine (no errors reported). No errors found at syslog whatsoever. And there are no postmaster filters in use.
Is there any other test / investigation may I perform to find out what is happening?

My kindest regards,
Daniel Caetano
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: PostMaster is not fetching some e-mail

Post by crythias »

It's possible (?) that the gmail account is no longer enabled for POP3/IMAP4.

Are you able to test access with another mailbox app such as Mozilla Thunderbird?

Also, there's no particular reason that OTRS should need to fetch from multiple mailboxes if all the mailboxes have different To: Addresses.

You can have all the mail forward to one account and distribute by To:
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
djcaetano
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.19
Company: Universidade de São Paulo

Post by djcaetano »

crythias wrote:It's possible (?) that the gmail account is no longer enabled for POP3/IMAP4.
Are you able to test access with another mailbox app such as Mozilla Thunderbird?
I have ran some tests using thunderbird and everything seems fine. Nevertheless, every e-mail that arrived in the last two days were correctly processed by OTRS. I am wondering if it was some temporary glitch with pop configuration on that specific email account...
crythias wrote: Also, there's no particular reason that OTRS should need to fetch from multiple mailboxes if all the mailboxes have different To: Addresses.
You can have all the mail forward to one account and distribute by To:
I see. If the problem shows up again I will give a try to this alternative. Thanks!
dapugliese
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS4

Post by dapugliese »

Hi. I was reading this article. The issue that Daniel Caetano reports is the same one that i've been having these last 2 months. Is there a solution for this problem?
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Post by root »

dapugliese wrote: 17 Oct 2020, 18:46 Hi. I was reading this article. The issue that Daniel Caetano reports is the same one that i've been having these last 2 months. Is there a solution for this problem?
Hi,

Did you checked thee logs? And did you tried to fetch the e-mails manually from the command line?

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
dapugliese
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS4

Post by dapugliese »

Dear root!

Thank you very much for your answer.

If you refered to a log directory (/opt/otrs/var/log), I could only check there one folder, which is “Daemon”. In there, there are :
root@UbuntuServer3:/opt/otrs/var/log/Daemon# ls -l
total 0
-rw-rw---- 1 otrs www-data 0 oct 22 13:06 SchedulerCronTaskManagerERR.log
-rw-rw---- 1 otrs www-data 0 oct 22 13:33 SchedulerFutureTaskManagerERR.log
-rw-rw---- 1 otrs www-data 0 oct 22 13:44 SchedulerGenericAgentTaskManagerERR.log
-rw-rw---- 1 otrs www-data 0 oct 22 13:35 SchedulerTaskWorkerERR.log
-rw-rw---- 1 otrs www-data 0 oct 22 13:03 SystemConfigurationSyncManagerERR.log

As you can see, all of these files have 0 (zero) bytes. I assumed there were no errors in Log.

On the other hand, the problem is that the behavior is so wear (?). Sometimes the e-mail is fetched and sometimes it isn't. Today I did some tests and the result were the following:

1. 10:16hs: e-mail was not fetched
2. 10:48hs: e-mail was not fetched
3. 12:09hs: e-mail was fetched
4. 13:20hs: e-mail was fetched
5. 13:54hs: e-mail was fetched

Hope you have a good day.