Process with a manual or automatic ticketnumber?

Moderator: crythias

disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Process with a manual or automatic ticketnumber?

Post by disciple »

hi

I am having the situation:

- receiving e-mails which contain a reference to a ticketnumber (not ticketID)
- this ticketnumber is part of the body

How can I now:
- provide a process to an agent to be able to link this fresh received ticket to an existing ticket, which is named in the new ticket?

can I parse somehow the ticketnumber in a process or generic agent and link them?
can I use a process step so that an agent is able to enter the tickernumber in a process step, which basically links to the parent?

checked both options, but usage of Znuny maybe unclear to me
shawnbeasley
Znuny Employee
Znuny Version: Znuny 6.3.x
Company: Znuny

Re: Process with a manual or automatic ticketnumber?

Post by shawnbeasley »

Is the ticket number one in your system, try activating PostMaster::CheckFollowUpModule###0300-Body
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Post by hkais »

shawnbeasley wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:59 Is the ticket number one in your system, try activating PostMaster::CheckFollowUpModule###0300-Body
@disciple, be careful with that feature!

if you use the feature and other business partners are using the same ticket number you will end up with merged tickets, which are really annoying or create really issues with your business processes, e.g. with SLAs.

This really depends on the correlation between your ticket number and the ticket number of your correspondence partner

E.g. if you have 10 tickets a day, your business partner as also about the same amount, you will end up in the risk, that you ticket number will be at any point in time the same.

In one of my environment I had already multiple case that the tickets have been merged wrongly.
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users
disciple
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.4.2

Post by disciple »

okay got both entries, but is there a realistic way to solve my issue?

I do not want to have a false Ticket handling, so enabling it introduces a risk to me.

Is there a best practice to handle my need?
skullz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: LTS and Features

Post by skullz »

disciple wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:34
can I use a process step so that an agent is able to enter the tickernumber in a process step, which basically links to the parent?
The LinkAdd transaction action (process management) require ticket id to link a ticket..unless you are ready to write custom module via Generic Agent or new Transcation action to tackle this, perhaps use the existing ticket link function
shawnbeasley
Znuny Employee
Znuny Version: Znuny 6.3.x
Company: Znuny

Post by shawnbeasley »

hkais wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 10:21
shawnbeasley wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:59 Is the ticket number one in your system, try activating PostMaster::CheckFollowUpModule###0300-Body
@disciple, be careful with that feature!
Please provide the full story. This can happen without this feature.

The ticket default ticket number contains a date - system id - 5 digit counter - unique bit. All number generators use the system ID. Your concern is quite obscure.

The requirements are also the Ticket Hook and eventually the separator. So many things must come to be, in order to break something here.

If you use the default format

Ticket#2022080166000056

Then a ticket would have to come from an Znuny like system, have the same hook be created on 2022-08-01, the system must have the ID 66. It must be the 5th ticket of the day and randomly have been assigned the 6.

Code: Select all

sub GetTNByString {
    my ( $Self, $String ) = @_;

if ( !$String ) {
        return;
    }

my $ConfigObject = $Kernel::OM->Get('Kernel::Config');

my $CheckSystemID = $ConfigObject->Get('Ticket::NumberGenerator::CheckSystemID');
    my $SystemID      = '';

if ($CheckSystemID) {
        $SystemID = $ConfigObject->Get('SystemID');
    }

my $TicketHook        = $ConfigObject->Get('Ticket::Hook');
    my $TicketHookDivider = $ConfigObject->Get('Ticket::HookDivider');

# Check ticket number.
    if ( $String =~ /\Q$TicketHook$TicketHookDivider\E(\d{8}$SystemID\d{4,40})/i ) {
        return $1;
    }

if ( $String =~ /\Q$TicketHook\E:\s{0,2}(\d{8}$SystemID\d{4,40})/i ) {
        return $1;
    }

return;
}

Happy Hacking
hkais
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: see in post

Post by hkais »

shawnbeasley wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 15:35 The ticket default ticket number contains a date - system id - 5 digit counter - unique bit. All number generators use the system ID. Your concern is quite obscure.

The requirements are also the Ticket Hook and eventually the separator. So many things must come to be, in order to break something here.

If you use the default format

Ticket#2022080166000056

Then a ticket would have to come from an Znuny like system, have the same hook be created on 2022-08-01, the system must have the ID 66. It must be the 5th ticket of the day and randomly have been assigned the 6.
Thx now for explaining and now better understanding. But now it explains to me why it happened already.

Please correct me, I am not a perfect stats-math guy.

probablility

- to get the same system ID is 1 out off 100 (probably out of 99 for 01..99)
- to get the same random is 1 out of 10 (probably out of 9 for 1..9)
So the probability to get a match here is:

1/100 * 1/10 = 0,001 or 0,1% or 1 out of 1000 Znuny installations (assuming the randoms are really equally distributed)

Now it is nearly irrelevant how many tickets are sent by the sender at that day, since the first ticket of the day is already a probable match of 0,1%.
There gets a relevance about the ongoing counter of the day, since not all messages are sent to another OTRS fork, but the probability to get a match with lots of tickets per day is IMHO pretty high.

Hope I have not done a calculation mistake. Feel free to correct me
Elected 2022-06 as an IT Governance Portal Expert. The portal for Znuny, OTRS and OTOBO users