Many help topics needed [Change Management] [ FAQ]

Moderator: crythias

Amukinado
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.2.8

Many help topics needed [Change Management] [ FAQ]

Post by Amukinado »

Hi again, after googling somthing about these thigs I will need to implement 'till next week's friday, I decided to ask for your help, 'cause i think I will take longer to discover everything on my own, and I'm helping by adding new content to this forum!

As for change management here's what I need:

Sequencial aprovalls on aproval workorders. I've read somewhere that it will be available with OTRS 3, but not shure of it now, because this is ITSM related.
I solved this by adding no responsable agent to the workorder after the aprovalls, and making conditions and actiosn in a way that the workorder get's a responsable person when both the aprovalls get the aproved status.

Is it the right way? Don't know but it works.

Linking CI's With Changes. Didi it this way:

Edited this file: /otrsfolder/Kernel/Config/Files/ITSMCore.xml

Code: Select all

<ConfigItem Name="LinkObject::PossibleLink###9980" Required="0" Valid="1">
        <Description Lang="en">This setting defines that a 'ITSMConfigItem object can be linked with 'ITSMChange' objects using the 'Normal' link type.</Description>
        <Description Lang="de">Definiert, dass ein 'ITSMConfigItem'-Objekt mit dem Linktyp 'Normal' mit 'ITSMChange'-Objekten verlinkt werden kann.</Description>
        <Group>Framework</Group>
        <SubGroup>Core::LinkObject</SubGroup>
        <Setting>
            <Hash>
                <Item Key="Object1">ITSMChange</Item>
                <Item Key="Object2">ITSMConfigItem</Item>
                <Item Key="Type">Normal</Item>
            </Hash>
        </Setting>
    </ConfigItem>

I Need to know if i can Customize the main Change Form in order to add new text fields. This has to be "Update Resistant"

I know that on the faq module i can add two more fields that are already created but hidden. For the Change Management I don't know if it's possible.
This would help on Change Templates, because what I'm beeing asked for, are different fields for different change types.
Help here would be nice.

I have to report/describe the best way possible, what are and what for you use every type of "workorder". I understand a normal workorder, and an aprovall workorder. I need to understand the rest. Please note, I'm a noobie on OTRS and ITIL, and I'm lacking time on this project. Thank u!

Workorder - Normal work!?!
Aprovall - Someone eith decision power needs to aprove the work to be done after this kind of workorder.
Backout - When something goes wrong, this is a workorder where we state what to do, or what has been done as a backout plan. Is this possible after a PIR?
Decision - I quite don't understand or maybe don't know hoe to use this one.
PIR - Post Implementation Review - Like an evaluation period after the change has been made. What happens more than this here?

I also need to notify different persons depending on the changing responsable area.
How can I do this?

These are my questions on Change Management. So many words, but I think solutions will be easy... I just lack the knowledge.

Now for the FAQ module: [SOLVED]

I need to give agent users the right to create FAQ articles, with or without beeing faq-admins. I haven't yet managed to do that... Been messing around with the FAQ and FAQ_Admin groups, but no luck 'till now.

That's it for today.

Regards and Thanks in Advance!
Last edited by Amukinado on 22 Oct 2010, 12:35, edited 3 times in total.
OTRS V3.2.8 - ITSM 3.2.6 - Cent OS 5.9x64
Amukinado
Znuny newbie

Re: Many help topics needed [Change Management & FAQ]

Post by Amukinado »

Ok! For the FAQ. Solved. Just give full rights [RW]on the FAQ user group.
Amukinado
Znuny newbie

Re: Many help topics needed [Change Management] [ FAQ Solved

Post by Amukinado »

About the change I made to the

$OTRS_HOME/Kernel/Config/Files/ITSMCore.xml.

Maybe this sould be on the config.pm file, or it's not going to work because this is ITSM related?

Regards
Thanks
Amukinado
Znuny newbie

Re: Many help topics needed [Change Management] [ FAQ]

Post by Amukinado »

About notifications, maybe i can do that with "Notification [ITSM Change Management]". If only i could understand how to customize the recipients!

Any help?

Thanks
Bruno
Amukinado
Znuny newbie

Re: Many help topics needed [Change Management] [ FAQ]

Post by Amukinado »

So... i'm stuck with notifications. The real case is that I have to notify the change manager, another diferent user that varies depending on the change, and a fixed group of persons(always).
Let me try to give you a picture so you can help me better.

Those three groups of persons have to be notified when aprovall is given, plus the work order agent, but that one is notified by default.
I'm thinking about creating dummy wo for those people, but a wo only notifies the work order agent... I have a minimum of 7 persons to notify whenever that aprroval is given...

Oh... I simplified the picture. It is not the real work flow.

Please help! My time is running out...

Thanks
Bruno