Multiple level escalations

Moderator: crythias

chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Multiple level escalations

Post by chetannagaonkar »

Hello All,

Has anyone configured OTRS such that it is possible to get escalations at multiple levels? For instance, if level1 doesn't resolve the problem, it should be escalated to level2 team and similarly to level3 team. Let me know pls.

Thanks.
Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Multiple level escalations

Post by crythias »

Manually: Create queues (Printing::Level 1, Printing Level 2) and move the tickets.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced

Thanks, Crythias. I had missed out on this. I understand that it can be done manually; however, if I need to automate it, the only way seems to be using Generic Agent. Now, to check every minute if there has been any escalation; I need to write Generic Agents running every minute. Is there a better way of doing it since I think that writing Generic Agent that runs every minute may not be right from performance perspective.

Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
crythias

Post by crythias »

Is a 1 minute granularity that important to your escalations? Are you really in a situation that it matters that escalation happens now versus 9 minutes later (every 10 minutes?) Because if you think about it, you've already expended (level one) solution time not solving the problem. What's another 9-10 minutes until the next escalation?
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced

Thanks, Crythias. Your thoughts make sense. Perhaps it may make sense when the SLAs are not very stringent. We had couple of customers where the response SLAs for their premium customers were 15 mins. I was wondering if there are any methods other than leveraging Generic agents.
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
crythias

Post by crythias »

You're already going to have something going on with time.

Another alternative is to set all tickets to (a new) state "Pending auto escalate (to level2) which will change the state to ... something, which can be handled by a (programmed/external .pm file) TicketEvent, which would change the status to a new Pending auto escalate (to level3) and apply a time for the next escalation.

http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10090 (TicketEvent programming)
http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=5988 (on "fixing" the pending state to exist in the .dtl)