Tickets Duplicated

Moderator: crythias

vishnupv
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 3.0.0 beta3

Tickets Duplicated

Post by vishnupv »

Dear All,

I kindly request you all to help me out by suggesting a solution. We are using OTRS for the past 2 years, it’s a Great tool which makes my job easy,
THANKS A LOT FOR CREATING SUCH A WONDERFUL TOOL.

Let me state the current issue I face, I have configured OTRS in such a way, if any of my customers raise a ticket through mail (from Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook) it will be captured in OTRS as a new ticket, I will receive the same mail to my mail client since I have added my personal mail id inside the group id which I have specified in OTRS, incase if I reply to that new ticket from my mail client (i.e. Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook), it has been captured has new ticket, actually it should be treated as a reply to that existing tickets, this issue does not occur in case if I reply through OTRS itself.

Is there any ways in which OTRS will automatically identify that it’s a response to that new ticket even if I reply from my mail client (i.e. Gmail/Yahoo/Outlook). I kindly request some one to help me on this.

In-case if you feel that I have not stated the issues clearly, kindly let me know, I’ll elaborate. Awaiting for you suggestion. Thanks in advance.

-Vishnu
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: Tickets Duplicated

Post by jojo »

You should never reply from your mail client!
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
vishnupv
Znuny newbie

Post by vishnupv »

Thanks Jojo.

But my internal structure works like that, most of the times my users would reply from mail client. Is there any other way to make it as i required?
MichaelR
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.9
Company: LRS Health

Post by MichaelR »

You need to get OTRS to send out an automatic response to your mail client, you cannot respond to the email before OTRS has appended the Ticket Number to the email subject (or wherever you have it).

So either you configure automatic responses to your mail address or you forward an article to your mail address or you manually append the ticket number (in its proper format!) to the mail subject (or wherever you have it).
OTRS: 3.0.9 & ITSM 3.0.4 - OS: Windows 7 - DB: MySQL - Heaps of random/useful hacks :)
[Major Code Changes]
ArticleFreeTime1-3
Ability to search ArticleFreeText
vishnupv
Znuny newbie

Post by vishnupv »

Thanks a lot, Micheal.
Wolfgangf
Znuny ninja
Znuny Version: 6.0.13
Company: PBS Logitek GmbH

Post by Wolfgangf »

Another hint is: if tickets are created by agents, let them use "Email-Ticket" instead of "Phone Ticket"
#1) Ticketnumber, ... is immediatelly send to all recipients and therefore they can simply answer and no duplicates
#2) if you use ITSM: first respond time is satiesfied
Produktiv:
OTRS 6.0.13/ ITSM 6.0.13
Windows 2012 AD Integration (agents and customers), Nagios integration (incidents, CMDB), Survey, TimeAccounting
vishnupv
Znuny newbie

Post by vishnupv »

Thanks a lot, let me try. Have a Great Day.