[Solved] Problems with email response from customer.

Moderator: crythias

cbravo
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.0

[Solved] Problems with email response from customer.

Post by cbravo »

Hello guys, it's me again.

This time, I'm having a few problems with the email response from the customer. This is how it goes:

1.- Customer creates the ticket through web interface.
2.- Agent replies and request for more data.
3.- Customer replies to the email from outlook.
4.- The otrs creates a new ticket instead of appending the customer response to the ticket.

What could be happening? What information do you need me to provide to do a troubleshooting?

Thank you.

Greetings,

C.
Last edited by cbravo on 31 Aug 2012, 00:42, edited 1 time in total.
OTRS: 3.08
Apache2/MySQL 5
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Problems with email response from customer.

Post by crythias »

cbravo wrote:Agent replies and request for more data.
Agent replying from outlook, right?
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=11247
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
cbravo
Znuny advanced

Post by cbravo »

Nope, the agent is replying from the web interface and then a notification is sent via email to the ustomer letting him know of the reply (standard functionality of otrs). When the customer sees the email and sends a response through his email, a new ticket is created instead of the reply getting appended to the ticket.
Apache2/MySQL 5
crythias

Post by crythias »

First, of course, system logs, second, if you have done anything to ignore ticket numbers in subject, next system logs talking about whether the ticket can be replied to in this queue (permissions?) next if ticket is closed and/or followups are rejected/new ticket.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
cbravo
Znuny advanced

Post by cbravo »

Here are the system logs.

Wed Aug 29 12:30:25 2012 notice OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 POP3: Fetched 2 email(s) from emailadress@emailadress.com
Wed Aug 29 12:30:24 2012 notice OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 Sent agent 'New Ticket' notification to 'agent@email.com'.
Wed Aug 29 12:30:20 2012 notice OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 Sent agent 'New Ticket' notification to 'agent@email.com'.
Wed Aug 29 12:30:15 2012 notice OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 New Ticket [120829000036/RE: [Ticket#120] created (TicketID=1012,Queue=Infraestructura,Priority=3 normal,State=new)
Wed Aug 29 12:30:15 2012 notice OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 Take UserCustomerID (100002) from customer source backend based on (customer@email.com).
Wed Aug 29 12:30:15 2012 notice OTRS-PostMasterMailbox.pl-10 Take UserLogin (customerlogin) from customer source backend based on (customer@email.com).

From what I can see, it's only taking a few characters from the ticket subject. As you can see it says RE: because they are replying from their email client but shows only [Ticket#120] not the whole number.

I haven't done anything to ignore ticket numbers, but I've modified the way tickets are generated. I changed the code to make tickets shorter, so instead of being 2011121910000019 for instance they would be 20111219100019. (I've removed only 2 zeros from the number generator).

The permissions allow for customers to reply to the ticket correctly.

Do you have any idea as to what is going on?

Thank you so much.

Greetings,
Apache2/MySQL 5
crythias

Post by crythias »

cbravo wrote:Do you have any idea as to what is going on?
your number is too short :)

I don't know what your ticket number method is, but your generator isn't the same as your parser.
cbravo
Znuny advanced

Post by cbravo »

Thank you, I thought it had something to do with that problem. I'm using DateChecksum as the number generator.

Do you know in what file is that function located? that way I can look at my comments and the modifications I did. Also, if you could tell me where the ticket parser is so I can do the same thing to it please.

Thank you in advance.

Greetings,
Apache2/MySQL 5
crythias

Post by crythias »

Kernel/System/Ticket/Number/DateChecksum.pm
cbravo
Znuny advanced

Post by cbravo »

I'm feeling a little more confortable with the perl language now (started learning perl) when I started using OTRS.

I know this is

Code: Select all

if ( $String =~ /\Q$TicketHook$TicketHookDivider\E(\d{4,10}$SystemID\d{4,40})/i )
means find the expression on the right and place it in the $String variable.

What I want to know is if the expression on the right is a regular expression or is that perl sintax.

I don't want this to be done for me, since I like it when you guys help me and I find the solution myself.

Thank you.

Greetings,

C.
Apache2/MySQL 5
crythias

Post by crythias »

if $String contains ... stuff .. /i(case insensitive - it's a regex)
(spoiler alert)
\Q(start of Quote)\E(end of quotE)
\d(digits){4,10} (expect that there will be between 4 and 10 digits)
$SystemID(default: 10. Unless you disable searching for SystemID in SysConfig, this enables you to distinguish your OTRS system from another if you forward a ticket to them.)

http://www.regexpal.com/
cbravo
Znuny advanced

[solved] Re: Problems with email response from customer.

Post by cbravo »

Awesome, I figure out how to do it.

Thank you so much for your help! it's working now.

For anybody having the same issue here are a few tips on how to solve it:

Use the link that crythias sent and copy the Subject of the email when you press reply.

Paste that text on the text area and try to find a regular expression that matches that. Keep in mind that $TicketHook is a variable defined at SysConfig Core::Ticket and you should probably replace it on that website for testing purposes.

Thank you so much again.

Greetings,
Apache2/MySQL 5