A postmaster filter for followups without a ticket number

Moderator: crythias

skydiver
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.7

A postmaster filter for followups without a ticket number

Post by skydiver »

I am looking for help in implementing the howto listed:viewtopic.php?f=60&t=22681 on our otrs system. Since this howto was written for freetext functionality I am trying to decipher what needs to be modified for my Dynamic Field setup.

I need help with trying to get this code to work on my 3.2.10 OTRS installation using Dynamic fields. I have created the following dynamic fields to enter the into the ticket as the other vendor's ticketing system ticket number: “3rdPartyHelpTicketNo” and a Dynamic Field: "3rdPartyHelpSystem" with a setting for each different vendor that have their own helpdesk systems (Valid Values: VEND1, VEND2, VEND3, etc.)

I have created 3 separate postmaster email filters, one for each of three different support vendors that have their own helpdesk system:
Filter condition:
Filtername1
Stop After Match: No
Header 1: From Value: @vender1domain.com
Header 2: Subject Value: Service Order
Header 3: Subject Value: SO: (\d+)

Set email headers:
Header 1: X-OTRSDynamicField-3rdPartyHelpTicketNo Value: [***]
Header 2: X-OTRSDynamicField-3rdPartyHelpSystem Value: VEND1

I have a similar setup for the other two vendors with different from filter conditions and different search text to identify the ticket ID in the message body (The header prefixes change based on the vendors new/open/closed status of the ticket) .
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

Re: A postmaster filter for followups without a ticket number

Post by jojo »

switch to OTRS4 as there is already the feature "External Ticket Number Recognition" integrated
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com