No tickets in 'My Tickets' view (Db customer authentication)

Moderator: crythias

roanselmi
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.6
Company: Deloitte XBS

No tickets in 'My Tickets' view (Db customer authentication)

Post by roanselmi »

I've just posted a problem like this (unresolved) but I thought that it was linked to the authentication system I used.
I was wrong, so I ask for help on this matter using DB as authentication method.

0) As you can see, my OTRS system is like this: OTRS 3.3.6 - Windows Server 2008 R2 standard - IIS 7.5 - MySQL 5.1.51 - StrawberryPerl 5.16.2;

Normal behaviour:
1) I log in the customer.pl page with 'roanselmi' as username ('login' field in 'customer_user' table) and I create some tickets from the customer interface;
2) so every time I come back to the OTRS system via customer.pl page, I can see the tickets I opened as 'roanselmi' clicking on 'My tickets' in the 'Tickets' menù. This is the normal behaviour everyone expect;
3) In the OTRS db, when I see directly in the 'ticket' table, I find 'roanselmi' in the 'customer_user_id' field of these tickets;

Problem description:
4) If I use something like 'domain\roanselmi' as username instead (with the backslash character in the username) I get a strange behaviour from OTRS: I logon in the system, but I can't see anything in 'My tickets' view even if I created more than one ticket with this customer user login name and every time I log in, OTRS tell me 'Create your first ticket';

5) But in the OTRS db, when I see in the 'ticket' table directly, I find 'domain\roanselmi' in the 'customer_user_id' field of these tickets anyway.

So I can't explain why I cannot see these tickets in 'My tickets' view. It seems that some SQL query in the code cannot manage the backslash character in the right way.
OTRS 3.3.6 - Windows Server 2008 R2 standard - IIS 7.5
MySQL 5.1.51 - ActivePerl 5.16.2
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: No tickets in 'My Tickets' view (Db customer authentication)

Post by crythias »

roanselmi wrote:4) If I use something like 'domain\roanselmi' as username instead (with the backslash character in the username) I get a strange behaviour from OTRS: I logon in the system, but I can't see anything in 'My tickets' view even if I created more than one ticket with this customer user login name and every time I log in, OTRS tell me 'Create your first ticket';
we keep telling you and you don't believe us.

The username must match the username on the ticket. Exactly. If there is a slash in the login name, there must be a slash in the ticket's customer_user_id.

And yes, it absolutely does work that a backslash is a valid, and separate, login username and absolutely will find tickets that have a backslash in the customer_user_id of the ticket.

Summary: you may log in, but you're not the same customer user.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Hi, Crythias.

I apologize because seems that I'm not able to explain what my problem is.

I believe you about how the association username - customer_user_id - ticket works and the first thing I've done to try to resolve my problem was reading some posts about similar problems in this forum and on the internet to better understand the relantionships between a customer user and his own tickets.

In my OTRS test system I've created two different customer users: 'roanselmi' and 'domain\roanselmi'.

When I act in OTRS as 'roanselmi' (as customer, via customer.pl) everything is OK and I can create tickets and see them in 'My tickets' (so I think that every settings about this matter are OK), but when I change customer user and login in customer.pl as 'domain\roanselmi' I see the strange behaviour I've described: no tickets in My tickets, even if I've created a lot of them.

Hope I've been more clear this time and someone can help me to understand what to do.

Roberto
crythias

Post by crythias »

Do you have tickets assigned to customer domain\user?
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

I experience the problem I attempted to describe with two OTRS + Windows Server + IIS7 different installations.

Today I've tried to replicate the problem with another OTRS installation (Windows server but Apache as web server) and I've had no problem: maybe it's a matter of web server?

Roberto
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Excuse me, Crythias.

I didn't see your question before.

Yes, I have tickets assigned to domain\user.

Roberto
crythias

Post by crythias »

I'm sorry. There's not a lot left to answer. I'd probably suggest that this is not as you're thinking it is.

If it can't see My tickets, it's because the group membership is a problem or the username doesn't match.

So ... maybe it's authenticating with one name but passing something else like sAMAccountName as Username.
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Last thing for today :-)

I've tried the same thing (to create a customer user with 'domain\user' as username; login in customer.pl page; create some tickets and then press 'My tickets' button to show thwm) on another OTRS installation (Linux, Postgres and Apache) and I've found the same problem: no tickets in 'My tickets' view and OTRS that tell me 'Create your first ticket'.

Now I don't know where the problem might reside :-(

Roberto
crythias

Post by crythias »

and the logs say ...
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

On the Windows server + IIS7 installation I get:

[Thu Aug 6 17:46:31 2015][Notice][Kernel::System::CustomerAuth::DB::Auth] CustomerUser: roanselmi Authentication ok (REMOTE_ADDR: 172.16.1.54).
[Thu Aug 6 17:44:50 2015][Notice][Kernel::System::CustomerAuth::DB::Auth] CustomerUser: domain\ranselmi Authentication ok (REMOTE_ADDR: 172.16.1.54).

This afternoon I repeat the test I've done in the past days, with the same results.
There are other log files I might see in?

Roberto
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

On the Linux + Apache OTRS installation I get (in SysLog):

Wed Aug 5 17:01:09 2015 notice OTRS-CGI-89 CustomerUser: domain\ranselmi Authentication ok (REMOTE_ADDR: 93.146.226.9).

on another similar installation (same problem):

Thu Aug 6 18:28:29 2015 error OTRS-CGI-89 Need Search, UserLogin, PostMasterSearch or CustomerID!
Thu Aug 6 18:27:40 2015 notice OTRS-CGI-89 CustomerUser: gruppomg\ranselmi Authentication ok (REMOTE_ADDR: 93.146.226.9).
crythias

Post by crythias »

May we see your Config.pm?
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

I've send it to you in private message.

Roberto
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Excuse me, Crythias.

Are there any news?
Something's wrong in the Config.pm?

Roberto
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Hi, all.

About my problem, I did some more tests.

Now I know that it's just inside the installer I used (otrs-3.3.6-win-installer-3.0.5.exe) because I re-installed OTRS from the scratch on a new machine (VM with Windows Server 2008 R2 standard 64 bit, IIS 7.5 and ActivePerl-5.16.2 (Perl installed with with ActivePerl-5.16.2.1602-MSWin32-x86-296513.exe)) and immediately I have the same problem:

- if a customer username contain the '\' character (es. domain\roanselmi), in http:\\...\otrs\customer.pl roanselmi can't see his tickets in 'MyTickets' view and the web interface always says 'Create your first ticket' even if he opened a bunch of tickets.

- if a customer username doesn't contain the '\' character (es. donaldduck), in http:\\...\otrs\customer.pl donaldduck sees the list of his tickets in 'MyTickets' view.

Any idea on how to go on in resolving this 'bug'?

Roberto
crythias

Post by crythias »

Hi. I'm not sure how much different that we'd be able to help. You already told us what you've been told to be true.
roanselmi wrote:f a customer username contain the '\' character (es. domain\roanselmi), in http:\\...\otrs\customer.pl roanselmi can't see his tickets in 'MyTickets' view and the web interface always says 'Create your first ticket' even if he opened a bunch of tickets.
I'd expect this every day.
roanselmi is not domain\roanselmi.
EXG133
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.7 & 4.04

Post by EXG133 »

I would really suggest only using OTRS on Linux, installing on Windows seems a dead end (no OTRS 4 or 5 installers).
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Hi, Crythias.

My mistake: roanselmi is domain\roanselmi.

Roberto
roanselmi
Znuny newbie

Post by roanselmi »

Hi, all.

I've written again on this matter because I was not shure that this strange behaviour was due to my customizations or not.
Making a new OTRS installation, now I know that it was due to something in the installation phases.

Roberto