please i need an idea

Moderator: crythias

tomas
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 2.4.7 for RHEL

please i need an idea

Post by tomas »

I have installed otrs as i have read the instruction from Installation on Ubuntu Lucid Lynx (10.4) . iand also i manage to install it in to three different computer. now my question is as foolowed.
1.while i was installing otrs it install it successfully and then when i try to Wright the command
use Apache::DBI ();
Apache::DBI->connect_on_init('DBI:mysql:otrs', 'otrs', 'my-secret-pass');
use DBI ();

in order to configure Apache::DBI.but also it says that Apache::DBI is not a module that is really needed for OTRS but it will pre-establish database connections, which will be better for performance.
so i am confused shall i really configure it if yes how can i configure it.
2. since i installed it in to 3 computer can i test it by making one computer customer and the others admin and agent if it is possible can any one tell me how? if not is there another option?
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

please i need an idea

Post by jojo »

OTRS is a webbased software. So it only needs to be installed on one server. The clients (agents and customers) will use their webbrowser.
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
tomas
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: OTRS 2.4.7 for RHEL

please i need an idea

Post by tomas »

You didn't actually answer my question. what my question is that
1.after i read and follow the instruction on how to install it in ubuntu that means this http://www.wamp-it.com/turbocash-accoun ... ining.html guide on web installer part i couldn't edit the file /opt/otrs/scripts/apache2-perl-startup.pl - we need that in order to configure Apache::DBI. Apache::DBI is not a module that is really needed for OTRS but it will pre-establish database connections, which will be better for performance. And also i couldn't execute the following code
use Apache::DBI ();
Apache::DBI->connect_on_init('DBI:mysql:otrs', 'otrs', 'my-secret-pass');
use DBI ();

so how can i correct it?

2.when i try to install the perl some of them didn't or couldn't be installed. when i try to install them it displays error message. how can i install them?

3.and how can i test otrs? meaning i have installed it in three computers making them there own server so if there is a way on how to test it it would be a pleasure?

Thanks anyway!
jojo
Znuny guru
Znuny Version: Git Master

please i need an idea

Post by jojo »

This is the german forum.

So I'll move you question to the english forum...

To have Apache::DBI enabled, you have to install it (via rpm or via CPAN) and have to edit apache2-perl-startup.pl having the correct password in it and so on.

For your second question: You'll need some knowledge on CPAN and/or package management for installing perl modules.

I don't understand you 3rd question....
"Production": OTRS™ 8, OTRS™ 7, STORM powered by OTRS
"Testing": ((OTRS Community Edition)) and git Master

Never change Defaults.pm! :: Blog
Professional Services:: http://www.otrs.com :: enjoy@otrs.com
tco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

please i need an idea

Post by tco »

Last edited by tco on 23 Apr 2010, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
tco
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

please i need an idea

Post by tco »

tco wrote:I banged around with Ubuntu using the package installer and downloaded it from the repositories. The problem is with the debian install. The apache user is differnent www-data or something like that, and the file structure is also different.

I ended up installing appache and my-sql from the repositories and followed the OTRS manual installation instructions as "su".

To edit the appache files, you should be able to cd to the file folder using terminal and switch to "su" then "gedit <apache config file>",

This worked for us. We used the Ubuntu box with OTRS to manange our ERP upgrade.