Is it Possible in OTRS?

Moderator: crythias

nima0102
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

Is it Possible in OTRS?

Post by nima0102 »

Hi
First of all thanks to all developers and everybody that contribute on this project.
I am newbie in OTRS and a few days I am working on it.
I intend to implement OTRS in our company.But I have some misconception or misunderstood.
We have 4 departments and in every department there are 3,4 employees. all of departments are to communicate with others.
Our needs are :
1- I can define departments.
2- I can add employee for departments so that s(h)e creates ticket for another department.that means all of employee can create ticket for another departments.
3- All of employee one department can view all tickets related to own department and select ticket.
In order to clear more, I begin with one real scenario:
Bob from sales department.
Alis from support department.
Nima from technical department.
David from hardware department.

and now our scenario:

Bob_sales creates new ticket to David_hardware and then David_hardware replay that ticket and send to Nima_technical,after some tasks, Nima_technical replay to that ticket and send to Alis_support and Bob_sales.
Unfortunately I do know how I implement this scenario via OTRS:(

Thanks for any help or guidance
peter_sk
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.7

Re: Is it Possible in OTRS?

Post by peter_sk »

As I can see, you'd like to create a workflow. I'm not sure OTRS is what you need... but, you can have a scenario like this also.

Bob creates a ticket and then passes it to David. David does, whatever he does and passes a ticket to Nima, etc.... This can be done with ownership or Responsible functionality in OTRS.
So in this scenario: ONE ticket = ONE workflow, for one job/order/event....
OTRS 2.4.7 with ITSM 2.0.3. running on Linux Fedora 12