How to change owner assigned to a new ticket?

Moderator: crythias

theodore
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.11

How to change owner assigned to a new ticket?

Post by theodore »

Hello again,

I would like some help with the following problem.

When a new email arives at the system it is assigned a ticket number and goes to the apropriate queue, it also gets the state "new" and the ticket owner "root@localhost"

Is it possible to set the owner of the new ticket when arrives to someone else than "root@localhost" ?

Also when a agent sends a reply to a customer it automaticaly changes the owner of the ticket to that agent is it possible not to chage the owner of the ticket when an agent sends a reply?

Kind regards
Theodore
OTRS 3.3.11 MariaDB CentOS 7
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: How to change owner assigned to a new ticket?

Post by crythias »

This question needs to be in the wiki...

root@localhost is a placeholder for "nobody owns your ticket right now."

For expedience sake, the first agent to respond to the ticket "owns" the ticket and that inherently makes sense, since it's a physical person that has hopefully read the ticket, and should therefore be able to address the ticket. Automated response "Your ticket has been received" should be adequate for addressing the ticket without assigning ownership. Any agent interaction with the ticket tends to mean that agent is at least responsible for the ticket. (You touched it, it's yours.)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
theodore
Znuny newbie

Post by theodore »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply...

I have bypassed the problem that the ticket changes agents automatically if an agent edits the ticket by using the responsible field and set it so it will not update automatically but must be changed manually buy an agent.

now if there was a way to change the new tickets not to show root@localhost as the owner it would be perfect... it does not look very pretty like this :D
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Are you not interested in having anyone "own" the ticket ever? From a customer standpoint, that can be unnerving. I've explained why elsewhere, but essentially, there's a level of comfort to at least believe that the same person is dedicated to this ticket through to completion. Eh... maybe it doesn't make a difference, but it's an organizational step that helps prevent multiple people from addressing the ticket redundantly. In the mean time, either PostmasterFilter or Generic Agent can be used to check for root@localhost owner and set the owner to ... someone.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
theodore
Znuny newbie

Post by theodore »

Hi,

I want the ticket to have an owner that will not change every time an agent jumps in the ticket and does something to it. I solved that by using the responsible field and set that not to change automatically when the owner of the ticket changes.

However I do not want a new ticket that just arrived to have the owner root@localhost but to be someone else... maybe an agent called "nobody"

I will try and see the postmasterfiler how it works....

Thanks again for your help
geis
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.2.7

Post by geis »

Hi,

It's fine that a new ticket it's free for the next agent, but my problem is I lost these tickets. The only way to find these one is use the search engine with the ticket number in the notification message. Probably a config problem, I change a lot of parameters in my production env. But, I got the same problem with a fresh intallation ( otrs 2.2.7 debian lenny) with a minimun of customization. The "new message count" at the top stll at (0).

I don't want debug my config here. I just want to understand how must work OTRS and what I don't understand. Usally, where an agent see new ticket was arrived.
theodore
Znuny newbie

Post by theodore »

geis wrote:Hi,

It's fine that a new ticket it's free for the next agent, but my problem is I lost these tickets. The only way to find these one is use the search engine with the ticket number in the notification message. Probably a config problem, I change a lot of parameters in my production env. But, I got the same problem with a fresh intallation ( otrs 2.2.7 debian lenny) with a minimun of customization. The "new message count" at the top stll at (0).

I don't want debug my config here. I just want to understand how must work OTRS and what I don't understand. Usally, where an agent see new ticket was arrived.
I think your tickets are locked that is why you can't see them in the queues