Customer Groups

Moderator: crythias

ptay
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10

Customer Groups

Post by ptay »

When I enable Customer Groups through editing Config Settings in Framework -> Frontend::Customer -> CustomerSupportGroup it appears the "Customer Groups" are same as Groups under Admin > Agent Management > Group. Is that true?

How can I use Customer Groups and Agent Groups when I want customers & agents to access different queues? Seems like there would be a conflict when assigning one group to a queue. Unless I can configure multiple groups to a queue (not sure if I can).

Thanks!
Test:: OTRS 5.0.10 w/MariaDB 5.5.47 backend on RHEL7
Prod:: OTRS 5.0.10 w/MariaDB 5.5.47 backend on RHEL7
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Customer Groups

Post by crythias »

So, we have agents, queues, groups, and customers

A Queue has a single group to which it belongs.
both agents and customers can belong to multiple groups

If the queue is part of GroupA
Is the agent allowed to interact with the queue? only if he's a member of GroupA

Is the customer allowed to interact with the queue? only if he's a member of GroupA

Can the queue be a subqueue of a department queue? Sure, but it's still a part of GroupA, and does not inherit the parent queue's group.

How can I mass assign groups of agents to appropriate queues via groups? (Answer: Roles. Roles will enable you to manage the next answer easier, because you'll add the queue-group to a role to which the agents belong. A role is a group of groups, with appropriate permissions. Using a role is like copy/paste among agents. ).

So, should each queue therefore have its own group? (Answer: If you don't share queues among customers, you may need to do this.)
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
ptay
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 5.0.10

Re: Customer Groups

Post by ptay »

Thanks Crythias. I wanted to confirm that Agents & Customers could belong to same group. Messing around with Customer Groups and Roles I've managed to do everything I need except for Agents managing customers without admin access
Test:: OTRS 5.0.10 w/MariaDB 5.5.47 backend on RHEL7
Prod:: OTRS 5.0.10 w/MariaDB 5.5.47 backend on RHEL7