ITSM fields in database

Moderator: crythias

fondofotrs
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.04

ITSM fields in database

Post by fondofotrs »

hi,
i tried looking for category, impact, priority, state and criticality fields of Change requests in database; however, i am not able to find them. for instance, i can see change_item table has changes; but how do i know what values are represented by category_id, impact_id etc? any help on this is appreciated.
StefanoBoccanera
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.5
Company: I.Conseils (self-employee)

Re: ITSM fields in database

Post by StefanoBoccanera »

hi
you have to use the integre values found into change_item fields (change_state_id, impact_id,priority_id, category_id) like a key to identify the requested value.
For example to find the change state, use the value in change_state_id (saying for example 48) and you'll find the row with id=48 in general_catalog table.
The value in name field is the change state showed into the OTRS ITSM views.

Following an exatrct from a simple select statement (select id, general_catalog_class,name from general_catalog where id=48)

id general_catalog_class name
48 | ITSM::ChangeManagement::Change::State | pending approval

regards

Stefano
Stefano Boccanera

OTRS : 3.1.5
ITSM : 3.1
S.O : RH
RDBMS : Postgres
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Post by chetannagaonkar »

thank you Stefano. i can find the state id but cannot find impact, criticality or priority id. i have checked in all tables but i don't see them in any tables. do you see the tables for priority id, category id etc? there are ones for ticket, but what for change?
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
fondofotrs
Znuny newbie

Post by fondofotrs »

nobody? these fields should be stored somewhere in the database, don't they?
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

According to http://source.otrs.org/viewvc.cgi/ITSM/ ... iew=markup, the database table "change_item" has this:

Code: Select all

<TableCreate Type="post" Name="change_item">
710	            <Column AutoIncrement="true" Name="id" PrimaryKey="true" Required="true" Type="BIGINT"></Column>
711	            <Column Name="change_number" Required="true" Size="100" Type="VARCHAR"></Column>
712	            <Column Name="title" Required="false" Size="250" Type="VARCHAR"></Column>
713	            <Column Name="description" Required="false" Size="3800" Type="VARCHAR"></Column>
714	            <Column Name="description_plain" Required="false" Size="3800" Type="VARCHAR"></Column>
715	            <Column Name="justification" Required="false" Size="3800" Type="VARCHAR"></Column>
716	            <Column Name="justification_plain" Required="false" Size="3800" Type="VARCHAR"></Column>
717	            <Column Name="change_state_id" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
718	            <Column Name="change_manager_id" Required="false" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
719	            <Column Name="change_builder_id" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
720	            <Column Name="category_id" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
721	            <Column Name="impact_id" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
722	            <Column Name="priority_id" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
723	            <Column Name="requested_time" Required="false" Type="DATE"></Column>
724	            <Column Name="create_time" Required="true" Type="DATE"></Column>
725	            <Column Name="create_by" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
726	            <Column Name="change_time" Required="true" Type="DATE"></Column>
727	            <Column Name="change_by" Required="true" Type="INTEGER"></Column>
728	            <Unique Name="change_item_change_number">
729	                                <UniqueColumn Name="change_number"></UniqueColumn>
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
fondofotrs
Znuny newbie

Post by fondofotrs »

thank you, crythias. although the category id, priority id etc are listed there, to find the relevant categories, priorities, they would be defined somewhere, right? i don't see the relevant tables that have mappings of category id and category, priority id and priority etc.
StefanoBoccanera
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.5
Company: I.Conseils (self-employee)

Post by StefanoBoccanera »

The relevant info about category, impact, criticality can be found into the general_catalog table and modified from the admin panel.
The 'Change' fiedl will contain only the 'id' from the row og general_catalog table.

Attached you'll find an output from general_catalog table with the 'sql' command used to generate it.

Hope it can help you.

best regards

stefano
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stefano Boccanera

OTRS : 3.1.5
ITSM : 3.1
S.O : RH
RDBMS : Postgres
fondofotrs
Znuny newbie

Post by fondofotrs »

great. thank you for the detailed answer, Stefano.