Can I see the total time consumed for a closed ticket?

Moderator: crythias

tbote
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4 patch 7

Can I see the total time consumed for a closed ticket?

Post by tbote »

Hi

In the customer section (also in agent) all ticket times are referenced from creation to now, but we want that (at least) in the closed tickets the customer can see the time that the ticket was opened. Also a solution could be the time between the replies, for example:

Customer create Ticket #1, line 1 created 01/01/2015 00:00
Agent answer Ticket #1, line 2 created 01/01/2015 03:00 (+03:00)
Customer answer Ticket #1, line 3 created 01/01/2015 05:00 (+2:00)
Agent close Ticket #1, line 4, created 01/01/2015 05:15 (+0:15)

Total time 5:15

Is there any way to do that? I know that I can make a query and get that info in any format, I'm asking to show something similar in the frontend.
mavrie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.7
Company: BusSaP

Re: Can I see the total time consumed for a closed ticket?

Post by mavrie »

Hello,

This is relevant to something we are looking into.

The example you give seems strange though.
What happens if someone opens a ticket at 10:00h, but the first reply only happens at 18:00h ? That would suggest there were 8h of work done, while that is not the case. It should be easier if you just have a field to fill in when replying with a time value in it, and to send this field with your reply to the customer.

Regards

Matt
Otrs 4.0.7 on CentOS 6.5
MySQL Database
tbote
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4 patch 7

Post by tbote »

mavrie wrote:Hello,

This is relevant to something we are looking into.

The example you give seems strange though.
What happens if someone opens a ticket at 10:00h, but the first reply only happens at 18:00h ? That would suggest there were 8h of work done, while that is not the case. It should be easier if you just have a field to fill in when replying with a time value in it, and to send this field with your reply to the customer.

Regards

Matt
The work done should be determined for the unit work added to every ticket, but our customers want to know in a simple view how long a ticket had been opened, if we need 0.15 minutes to solve a request but it was opened 8 hours the service doesn't seem very fast...
mavrie
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 4.0.7
Company: BusSaP

Post by mavrie »

Thats my point, I may be misunderstanding you though.

I thought you wanted to show the client the time that has passed between the opening and closing of the ticket. But this would give tickets a way longer time than it has taken to solve them.

Either way, I don't think I can help you to find a solution. Still only learning OTRS myself :)

Regards
Otrs 4.0.7 on CentOS 6.5
MySQL Database
EXG133
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.7 & 4.04

Post by EXG133 »

There is no good way based on simple ticket states except the good old "resolution time = resolved status timestamp - creation timestamp". Everything else in between heavily depends on the ticket and how you treat them. If an agent locks a ticket and updates it two hours later, did it really take him two hours? Or was it 5 minutes work, a coffee, a customer at his desk ... etc.

Ask yourself (or your customer) this: does it really matter for the customer if a ticket took 1 hour assignment and 1 hour work or 5 minutes assignment and 1h:55m of work? Both tickets have a resolution time of two hours and that is usually what you set in the SLA.