Two strange problems installing OTRS

Moderator: crythias

nltui
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.2
Company: Beckman Institute University of Illinois

Two strange problems installing OTRS

Post by nltui »

I am trying to install OTRS as a trial on a RedHat 6 server using MySQL. I've downloaded and installed the most recent rpm from the site, and I've gotten AD authentication working. The problem that I'm having now is that I can only see new tickets as root@localhost. Any other user, even created locally, can't see any tickets. Also, other agents can't create new tickets, because for some reason the "From queue:" is empty. When I try to list the queues there I get, "There are currently no elements available to select from."

I am also trying to use an alias to pipe email to OTRS via otrs.PostMaster.pl. Whenever I try to use the command line, 'cat test-email-1.box | /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl -q helpdesk' as anyone other then root though I get this message:

Can't locate Kernel/System/ObjectManager.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 .) at /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl line 37.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl line 37.

I would appreciate any help in resolving these problems. I'm going to have to give up on this ticketing system as an option soon if I can't ge this resolved.

The problems with the tickets happened after I reinstalled OTRS, but I'm not sure why that would make any difference.

Thanks,
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Two strange problems installing OTRS

Post by crythias »

what version are you trying? Where is it installed? also ... why doesn't Kernel/System/ObjectManager.pm exist in
/opt/otrs/Custom /opt/otrs/Kernel/cpan-lib /opt/otrs /usr/local/lib64/perl5 /usr/local/share/perl5 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
nltui
Znuny newbie

Post by nltui »

I'm using the latest version 4.0.8. I gave other +r on the otrs directory and now I get:
ERROR: OTRS-otrs.PostMaster.pl-60 Perl: 5.10.1 OS: linux Time: Tue May 26 09:11:24 2015

Traceback (25415):
Module: /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl Line: 121
This is when I run 'cat /opt/otrs/doc/sample_mails/test-email-1.box | /opt/otrs/bin/otrs.PostMaster.pl -q helpdesk' as a standard user. Root works fine.

I didn't realize that admin users couldn't see all queues unless they were also in those groups. That problem is fixed.
nltui
Znuny newbie

Post by nltui »

I figured out what was going on with the otrs.PostMaster.pl script. I needed to give 'other' the write permission to the /opt/otrs/var/tmp/CacheFileStorable directory.