Set ticket priority based on outlook priority mails

Moderator: crythias

Ralph
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.9 (win)

Set ticket priority based on outlook priority mails

Post by Ralph »

Is it possible to automatically raise the 'OTRS' priority of a new ticket if an e-mail with 'priority from outlook' arrives?

I've tried several filters (based on some pages I found through google) using X-Priority and\or X-OTRS-Priority but nothing seems to work.
EXG133
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.7 & 4.04

Re: Set ticket priority based on outlook priority mails

Post by EXG133 »

Outlook sets the 'X-Priority' header only when you select 'high importance' or 'low importance'

High:
X-Priority: 1

Normal:
No header added

Low:
X-Priority: 5

I just tested it and that works.
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

EXG133 wrote:Outlook sets the 'X-Priority' header only when you select 'high importance' or 'low importance'

High:
X-Priority: 1

Normal:
No header added

Low:
X-Priority: 5

I just tested it and that works.
Thanks for the reply, I've tried this (see attachment) but it doesn't seem to work. Note that I've also tried '4' instead of '4 high' for the X-OTRS-Priority field.

It still makes the tickets with '3 normal' priority even though in outlook I send the mails with 'high importance'.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EXG133
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.1.7 & 4.04

Post by EXG133 »

You're sure you're not overwriting it in a later filter? Can you see in the system log (/var/log/messages) if the filter is being applied?
Ralph
Znuny newbie

Post by Ralph »

EXG133 wrote:You're sure you're not overwriting it in a later filter? Can you see in the system log (/var/log/messages) if the filter is being applied?
Mmh I tried it again and for some reason the filter I posted above works while with earlier tests it didn't...

Thanks for the help though.