Process ticket - Owner is not equal to responsible

Moderator: crythias

aph
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: 3.3.9, 4.x, 5.x

Process ticket - Owner is not equal to responsible

Post by aph »

In my activity dialog I have the fields owner and responsible. The new tickets have Admin OTRS as owner and agents change it when they work on a ticket. I would like the owner and responsible to be the same user by default. However, when I select the owner, the responsible is not set automatically. Is it intended? Is there a way I can set responsible same as the owner?

EDIT: Ticket::ResponsibleAutoSet under Ticket -> Core::Ticket in sysconfig is set to yes
The new ticket shows owner and responsible = Admin OTRS in process information in AgentTicketZoom. When I open the activity dialogue, the owner and responsible fields show a '-'
Last edited by aph on 13 Oct 2015, 16:53, edited 2 times in total.
OTRS 3.3.x (private/testing) on Windows Server 2008 with MSSQL database.
OTRS 3.3.x (private/testing) on CentOS with MySQL database and apache
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Owner is not equal to responsible

Post by crythias »

Note that Process Tickets behave much differently than normal tickets; please mention such when asking :).

Process Tickets are finicky. If no article exists, some actions don't work like normal tickets.
If a TA sets an Owner (TicketOwnerSet), you will want a TA to set the Responsible (TicketResponsibleSet) as well.
https://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin ... on-actions
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
aph
Znuny superhero

Post by aph »

crythias wrote:Note that Process Tickets behave much differently than normal tickets; please mention such when asking :).
Thanks! I thought mentioning the activity dialog would autmatically imply a process ticket. But probably I was wrong.

In my case the owner or responsible is not set with a transition action. The 'process' has one activity dialogue which contains dynamic fields relevant to the give process as well as some 'general' fields such as owner and responsible.

As a background the idea of using an AD is that a user has to open only one dialogue (activity dialog) to fill out information, instead of having to perform multiple actions to set owner, responsible (add a note each time) and process specific dynamic fields.

Would appreciate ideas on the behavious where responsible is not set automatically equal to owner
crythias

Post by crythias »

I may not always get the idea across as I intend but I think about the next person who's going to look at this forum and search for keywords. I'm not intending to come across as pedantic, but I see how that may appear, so I apologize. :) Keywords are keywords, you know? Besides, this is an interesting topic, and I'd like to find it if I search for Process Tickets :).

On topic, though, could you further explain how you might choose an owner from an Activity Dialog whereby a Transition Action might not be useful to set the Responsible?
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
aph
Znuny superhero

Re: Process ticket Owner is not equal to responsible

Post by aph »

crythias wrote:I may not always get the idea across as I intend but I think about the next person who's going to look at this forum and search for keywords...... Besides, this is an interesting topic, and I'd like to find it if I search for Process Tickets :)
Point taken. I have changed the title of the thread accordingly
aph
Znuny superhero

Re: Process ticket - Owner is not equal to responsible

Post by aph »

On topic though: The process information shows Admin OTRS as Owner as well as Responsible.
Unbenannt_206.PNG
In my process there is one Activity Dialog which contains the fields owner and responsible (in addition to other fields). The values of Owner/responsible in Activity Dialog are '-'. There are no transition actions configured. There are no further steps in the process
Unbenannt_200.PNG
When I set Owner to Test xxxx (or any other user for that matter) the responsible is set to Admin OTRS and not to Test xxxx (or any other user set as owner) as expected
Unbenannt_202.PNG
The behaviour I expect is that the responsible is set to the same value as the owner.

I would like to know, why the behaviour is not as expected? What could be the solution to the problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crythias

Post by crythias »

There is no dependent field on a form. You can use ACL to restrict available entries but WYSIWYG applies. (Except in the case where what isn't asked for applies defaults.)
aph
Znuny superhero

Post by aph »

thanks