Admin tab sometimes missing after upgrade

Moderator: crythias

nltui
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.5.2
Company: Beckman Institute University of Illinois

Admin tab sometimes missing after upgrade

Post by nltui »

For some reason after I upgraded from 4 to 5.0.6 I lose the admin tab on the dashboard every other time I log in. The first time I log in, no admin tab. The second time I log in, the admin tab is there. This behavior is pretty consistent, I don't see any errors that may be causing it. Any help would be appreciated. I originally installed 4 because of this type of behavior, but my boss wants to evaluate 5 in a bake off with a competing product. I'm currently checking the Apache error log, is there somewhere else I should be checking? I've set debugging to $Self->{'Debug'} = 5; right now.

Thanks.
nltui
Znuny newbie

Re: Admin tab sometimes missing after upgrade

Post by nltui »

It also looks like when the admin tab is missing, that tickets aren't available through the ticket tab or dashboard. I can see tickets if I click on locked tickets from the padlock. Queues also seem to be missing when creating new tickets, as well as Customer User Administration is missing from the customers tab.

Is this a database issue? It seems like maybe otrs isn't always able to access the information it needs in the database for some reason. Don't know why 4 works fine and 5 doesn't.

I followed these instructions https://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin ... ading.html using RHEL rpms on CentOS7.

Thanks.
nltui
Znuny newbie

Post by nltui »

A little more info:

This only seems to be a problem with users that are authenticated from the AD not local users.
nltui
Znuny newbie

Post by nltui »

Nobody replied to this, but I thought I would comment on my findings if anyone searches this.

I stopped this from happening by commenting out the AuthSyncModule::LDAP::UserSyncGroupsDefinition section in my Config.pm. I didn't think I had anything wrong with it, but for some reason it was causing the problem.