Moderator: crythias

PaulBrehm
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.30
Company: Melos GmbH

[Solved] root can't create new agents

Post by PaulBrehm »

Hello guys,
First of all, hello to the Forum (this is my first post :) )
I'm a Linux Noob :D but I know some basics.
I've created a OTRS installation on a Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS.
I've done everything the Installations Guide told me to do. (https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6 ... -otrs.html)
Now when I go to this Website from OTRS (localhost/otrs/index.pl) it told me that I need to create a new Agent. When I clicked on the message, it opened a new site with a message what tells me that I don't have permission for this. (I'm logged in as root)
No Permissions.PNG
Did I mess something up with the mysql database?
If you need more information feel free to ask :)

Thanks for the Help!

P.S: I've attached some pictures of the things I described above but unfortunately they are in German
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PaulBrehm on 30 Nov 2020, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
root
Administrator
Znuny Version: Znuny and Znuny LTS
Company: Znuny

Re: root can't create new agents

Post by root »

Hi,

And welcome. Please create your post in the proper section, Developers is a bit more about code ;-)

I suggest you have installed MySQL 8 which comes along with your Linux? Maybe you did not read the requirements: https://doc.otrs.com/doc/manual/admin/6 ... quirements

- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

Use a test system - always.

Do you need professional services? Check out https://www.znuny.com/

Do you want to contribute or want to know where it goes ?
PaulBrehm
Znuny newbie

Post by PaulBrehm »

Hey Roy,
sorry for the wrong section.. didn't saw it until now :?
I'm using MariaDB.. is there some version I need to look out for? Because in the requirements only stands MariaDB with no Version what so ever.. so I took the latest one.
root
Administrator

Post by root »

PaulBrehm wrote: 25 Nov 2020, 12:37 Hey Roy,
sorry for the wrong section.. didn't saw it until now :?
I'm using MariaDB.. is there some version I need to look out for? Because in the requirements only stands MariaDB with no Version what so ever.. so I took the latest one.
AFAIK all version of MariaDB works well, never made a bad experience.
Please check with a DB client if the tables users, groups, and group_user look like this:

Code: Select all

mysql> select * from users;
+----+----------------+----+-------+------------+-----------+----------+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+-----------+
| id | login          | pw | title | first_name | last_name | valid_id | create_time         | create_by | change_time         | change_by |
+----+----------------+----+-------+------------+-----------+----------+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+-----------+
|  1 | root@localhost | x  | NULL  | Admin      | OTRS      |        1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |

mysql> select * from groups;
+----+-------+------------------------------+----------+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+-----------+
| id | name  | comments                     | valid_id | create_time         | create_by | change_time         | change_by |
+----+-------+------------------------------+----------+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+-----------+
|  1 | users | Group for default access.    |        1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |
|  2 | admin | Group of all administrators. |        1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |
|  3 | stats | Group for statistics access. |        1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |

mysql> select * from group_user;
+---------+----------+----------------+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+-----------+
| user_id | group_id | permission_key | create_time         | create_by | change_time         | change_by |
+---------+----------+----------------+---------------------+-----------+---------------------+-----------+
|       1 |        1 | rw             | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |
|       1 |        2 | rw             | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |
|       1 |        3 | rw             | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 | 2020-11-23 11:14:49 |         1 |
- Roy
Znuny and Znuny LTS running on CentOS / RHEL / Debian / SLES / MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle / OpenLDAP / Active Directory / SSO

PaulBrehm
Znuny newbie

Post by PaulBrehm »

Hey Roy,

I've checked the Database and all is correct except the table groups.
The table doesn't even exist in my Database...

How can we change that?

Thanks for the fast replies!

-Paul
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

Do you have a screenshot of your shell when you open the mysql client?

- Roy

PaulBrehm
Znuny newbie

Post by PaulBrehm »

Hi Roy,

I'm not doing it with the shell... I've installed phpMyAdmin and there I looked it up.

-Paul
root
Administrator

Post by root »

Hi,

As long as you don't; tell me you're using the server with a graphical UI..

What's the out put of these two commands:

Code: Select all

dpkg -l | grep -i maria
dpkg -l | grep -i mysql
- Roy

zzz
Znuny superhero
Znuny Version: All
Company: Efflux GmbH

Post by zzz »

Hey,

You're probably better off by just wiping your system and starting off again.
The basic tutorial should work, but if you need a more detailed one you can take a look at our tutorial, which will definitely work for Ubuntu 20.

— Emin
Professional OTRS, Znuny & OTOBO services: efflux.de | efflux.de/en/

Free and premium add-ons: German | English
PaulBrehm
Znuny newbie

Post by PaulBrehm »

Hey,
sorry for the late reply...
I followed the guide zzz send me and now it's working :)
Thanks for your help guys!

-Paul