General Setup Questions

Moderator: crythias

living_oxymoron
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4

General Setup Questions

Post by living_oxymoron »

Hi, I'm looking to setup OTRS 2.4 to support a number of different services for a number of different customers.

I'm wondering if there is a best practice guide; or if someone could offer some advice.

In particular I am unsure of how to create the relationships between customers, users, services, queues, SLAs, agents etc.

We have 5 companies who will need to use the OTRS system to either log faults or request a service, each of those companies may have a different SLA associated with the service they request or the incident that they log.

They will log faults or request via either email, or by calling a service desk and having the agent log a call on their behalf.

The requests, both service and incidents will be resolved by a number of resolver groups who will have access to all of the incidents or service requests.

So I am unsure as to whether to setup the queues so that each company has a queue and all requests go in to the "bucket" queue, or whether the queues should be setup in relation to the services offered and SLAs assigned to the queues or the services?

Basically, I'm lost and any help would be appreciated,

Cheers,

LOM