DirectoryIndex oddness

Moderator: crythias

thepurpleblob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.9

DirectoryIndex oddness

Post by thepurpleblob »

Noting that this has been discussed elsewhere but I can't figure an answer. Linux/Apache and OTRS 3.0.10

I have used the OTRS Apache script as-is and it works fine but I want avoid typing index.pl on the end. I have tried adding 'DirectoryIndex index.pl' in various places but it doesn't work. All I get is...

slurp_filename('/home/user/public_html/otrs') / opening: (2) No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/ModPerl/RegistryCooker.pm line 541

I'm not a perl dev and don't really understand what this slurp business is but the /home/... directory is nothing to do with OTRS, it is the default location if the /otrs/ is NOT used. So it seems it is not matching otrs properly and is off looking in the wrong place. I am, frankly, at a bit of a loss.

Any help much appreciated.
renee
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Re: DirectoryIndex oddness

Post by renee »

You use mod_perl and with mod_perl you can't use DirectoryIndex. This error is annoying and this should be fixed in mod_perl - so this is not an OTRS issue...

If this directory has nothing to do with OTRS, you should disable mod_perl for that directory. Can you post your apache configuration?
Need a Perl/OTRS developer? You can contact me at info@perl-services.de
thepurpleblob
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 2.4.9

Re: DirectoryIndex oddness

Post by thepurpleblob »

That would make sense.

I'm using the config script for apache that is shipped with OTRS absolutely as-is. I do have mod-perl enabled so that's the explanation. We'll live with it - I was just getting frustrated that I could not figure it out. Thanks :)