Moderator: crythias

richardx720
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 31100
Company: The Public Entity of Saba

Different Dynamic Fields per Type

Post by richardx720 »

Good Day Everyone,

Please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it. I am trying to offer different dynamic fields when the customer chooses a TYPE. For Example: Aside from the normal type of "Hardware or Software Issue" I have a type called "Toner Orders" and when this is selected I would like the ticket to include a dynamic field drop down with a list of printers. Is something like this possible?

Thank You

RichardX
richardx720
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 31100
Company: The Public Entity of Saba

Re: Different Dynamic Fields per Type

Post by richardx720 »

richardx720 wrote:Good Day Everyone,

Please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere but for the life of me I cannot find it. I am trying to offer different dynamic fields when the customer chooses a TYPE. For Example: Aside from the normal type of "Hardware or Software Issue" I have a type called "Toner Orders" and when this is selected I would like the ticket to include a dynamic field drop down with a list of printers. Is something like this possible?

Thank You

RichardX
This program is by far a great tool however I have been scouring the internet and to do something as stated above which is essential for most helpdesk situations , is really lacking. I have read one post that had a "workaround" so to speak to populate a field by queue but all in all this should be an easy feature to accomplish.. I really hope the developers see that for many people this will cripple their use and if they want their users to upgrade to a paid plan, they must first see that the software can do what they ask it to do. Am I wrong? If anyone has an easier way of changing fields of a ticket by queue or type, please let me know. Thank You

Richard
jaret610
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.7
Company: A & A RMC

Post by jaret610 »

Did you get any replies for this?
I too am in need for this module...
If there is a solid work around this would be great too...
Thoughts?

Thanks,
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

The workaround for queue works for Type, if you change the code to search on type.
I don't like *type* generally as it's (in my opinion) rather useless (almost everything you want to use Type for, you could also use queues and subqueues).
Alternatively, you could use an ACL and service or, as others have, a jquery implementation.

That's three options.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
artjoms15
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.3.8 && 4.0.9

Post by artjoms15 »

If I may add my word, I would implement it with 2 different Dynamic Fields. Let, s say one dynamic field contains a type of Incident (e.g. Printer issues)
Then a dynamic field automagically appears with ACL filtered values (JavaScript +ACL) ACL can be set like in this post viewtopic.php?f=53&t=14531
After that you can assign one more dropdown with available type of toner or smth, but of course you wil need a solid knowledge of PERL and adequatelly built CMDB, to maintain the local storage and links between configitems. (My fantasy for a perfect case)

Cheers,
A.
Ar cieņu / Kind regards,
----------------------------------------
Artjoms Petrovs
Sistēmu analītiķis/Programmētājs /
Systems Analyst/Programmer