Emailed LINK to OTRS is incorrect. Not pointing to server

Moderator: crythias

skim
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.10.1

Emailed LINK to OTRS is incorrect. Not pointing to server

Post by skim »

Hi,

I'm new to OTRS and I'm trying to configure it for our system. Still in the process of configuration and setup.

I noticed during a change ownership that the link that it forwards along with the email is incorrect. This is the link that points to the particular ticket. It seems to point to our domain instead of the actual server. Example below...

http://example.net/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=320
instead of,
http://OTRS server name/otrs/index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=320

in the ADMIN>NOTIFICATION MANAGEMENT I noticed this is the default tag. Does this need to be changed?
<OTRS_CONFIG_HttpType>://<OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN>/<OTRS_CONFIG_ScriptAlias>index.pl?Action=AgentTicketZoom;TicketID=<OTRS_TICKET_TicketID>

Using mysql as the database.

If you need more info, please let me know. I apologize in advance for any lack of info.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: Emailed LINK to OTRS is incorrect. Not pointing to serv

Post by crythias »

There is no good, easy way to have a variable hold an internal and external value and know to whom to send it. Though if you know whence comes the message, you should also know that you can directly type the appropriate domain and ...
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
chetannagaonkar
Znuny advanced
Znuny Version: 3.2

Post by chetannagaonkar »

Go to Admin->Config options and set the OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN option. That would reflect the correct path and you would be able to navigate to the link when it is sent as notifications. Let me know if you meant to ask for some other issue pls.

Best Regards
Chetan
Best Regards
Chetan
OTRS 3.06
ITSM 3.1
MySQL
Windows 7 Ultimate
skim
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.10.1

Post by skim »

chetannagaonkar wrote:Go to Admin->Config options and set the OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN option. That would reflect the correct path and you would be able to navigate to the link when it is sent as notifications. Let me know if you meant to ask for some other issue pls.

Best Regards
Chetan
This is what I actually did for each of those options. I manually changed that to our server name. This fixed the link issue, but not sure why or how to make this work automatically. I actually have a test server with the probably identical settings but works fine... Thanks Chetan