Multiple databases - who is first

Moderator: crythias

tpsupport
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 6.0.12

Multiple databases - who is first

Post by tpsupport »

Dear community,

I have got a rather urgent issue. We have got 3 databases attached to OTRS which is the local OTRS DB, Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft AD. OTRS is configured to match the E-Mail address against DB entries and displays the customer data related to it and our customers are entered in CRM. This is what happens if Customers write us but also if employees write an email to the system, this is where the issue happens.
Unfortunately employees can also have CRM accounts with the same corporate email address as in AD and if they write an E-Mail to OTRS it could be the AD or CRM customer data which is shown.

I would like to control which DB comes first and wins, how does OTRS decide which DB it takes customer data from and how can I control it?

Thank you.

-Rick
Znuny 6.5 LTS - Ubuntu 20.04 x64, Azure Database for MySQL server 5.7, Perl 5.22.1, Apache/2.4.18
rameshchandran
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.3.1
Company: The Executive Centre

Re: Multiple databases - who is first

Post by rameshchandran »

As per my understanding the Customer Data source lookup is in the same order as its listed in config.pm.
tpsupport
Znuny newbie

Post by tpsupport »

Hi and thanks for your reply.
rameshchandran wrote:As per my understanding the Customer Data source lookup is in the same order as its listed in config.pm.
Obviously that is not the case as I have tested with different users and in most cases the CRM DB wins but in some the AD does.
Znuny 6.5 LTS - Ubuntu 20.04 x64, Azure Database for MySQL server 5.7, Perl 5.22.1, Apache/2.4.18
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

tables user_preferences and customer_preferences have each a preferences_key column with UserAuthBackend and a preferences_value per user_id.

or, if you will: SELECT user_id,preferences_value FROM user_preferences WHERE preferences_key="UserAuthBackend" AND user_id="username";
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
tpsupport
Znuny newbie

Post by tpsupport »

crythias wrote:tables user_preferences and customer_preferences have each a preferences_key column with UserAuthBackend and a preferences_value per user_id.

or, if you will: SELECT user_id,preferences_value FROM user_preferences WHERE preferences_key="UserAuthBackend" AND user_id="username";
I am not sure how UserAuthBackend should influence where the customer data is gathered from when writing an email to the system. If I login and open a new ticket then the customer data from AD is used. When I write an email to OTRS then no authentication takes place and thus OTRS matches the email address against CRM and AD and I don't know when it decides to take AD or CRM.

Thanks.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

The answers are:
in the order they're referenced "", 1..9
randomly
or by preference.

If you don't like any of these answers, don't conflict.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask