Multiple signatures

Moderator: crythias

earwax
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.11

Multiple signatures

Post by earwax »

Any way to create multiple signatures that could be selected as a pull down? This is similar to how the responses work and being able to create multiple pre-set responses.
OTRS 3.0.12
Ubuntu Linux 10.04
MySQL
subo
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.1.5

Re: Multiple signatures

Post by subo »

Hi!
I've 2 enties in my signature table, but only the first entry is used. So I had to edit the first one to get a german signature. I found nothing to change/select the signature.

Greetings,
Subo
Greetings,
-subo

Production: OTRS 3.0.10 @ openSUSE 11.4
RBehr
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.7
Company: Impact

Post by RBehr »

I would also be interested in the answer to this question. We have different departments using OTRS and would like to have separate signatures for each department.

Thanks
Rod Behr
Software Design Manager and Database Analyst | Impact Audiovisual | London
Installation: OTRS 3.0.7, Apache 2, Strawberry Perl 5 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 Server with separate MySQL Server, also on Ubuntu 10.04.3
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

Signature is tied to Queue. Queues should be tied to departments (groups of agents that should be able to handle a ticket), not customers, but if you do the reverse, it's going to be more difficult to handle this.
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
RBehr
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.7
Company: Impact

Post by RBehr »

Yes, I got there in the end - saw the signature assigned as part of the queue definition. We want departments to have differing signatures - we divide queues by department, not by customer. Thanks.
Rod Behr
Software Design Manager and Database Analyst | Impact Audiovisual | London
Installation: OTRS 3.0.7, Apache 2, Strawberry Perl 5 on Ubuntu 10.04.3 Server with separate MySQL Server, also on Ubuntu 10.04.3