completely broken OTRS [SOLVED]

Moderator: crythias

cyr0nk0r
Znuny newbie
Znuny Version: 3.0.10

completely broken OTRS [SOLVED]

Post by cyr0nk0r »

Software error:

Can't locate object method "EventHandlerTransaction" via package "Kernel::System::Ticket" at C:/PROGRA~2/OTRS/OTRS//Kernel/System/Ticket.pm line 8351.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster (webmaster@somenet.com), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
received this after changing Core::SendMail to use SMTPTLS
Now I can't get any page to load correctly. Have already tried restarting apache.

Running OTRS 3.0.10
Windows Server 2008 R2

EDIT: searching does not help
http://forums.otrs.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... ion#p47359

I notice a lot of questions around here don't ever get answered.

I have searched for about an hour already trying to find the right configuration examples for configuring OTRS with exchange but either people are having the same sending problems I am, or gave up in favor of something else because their questions never got answered.
Last edited by cyr0nk0r on 07 Nov 2011, 23:15, edited 1 time in total.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Re: completely broken OTRS

Post by crythias »

tell us more about what's in otrs.log
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
cyr0nk0r
Znuny newbie

Post by cyr0nk0r »

crythias wrote:tell us more about what's in otrs.log
no log events are being generated. Refreshing index.pl does not output any errors messages in the log.
Not sure how I can "reset" the settings that were changed to get OTRS back into a working state.
crythias
Znuny Version: 5.0.x

Post by crythias »

If you're looking at System Log interface in Windows, it won't work.

look at c:\program files\otrs\otrs\var\log\otrs.log
OTRS 6.0.x (private/testing/public) on Linux with MySQL database.
Please edit your signature to include your OTRS version, Operating System, and database type.
Click Subscribe Topic below to get notifications. Consider amending your topic title to include [SOLVED] if it is so.
Need help? Before you ask
cyr0nk0r
Znuny newbie

Post by cyr0nk0r »

crythias wrote:If you're looking at System Log interface in Windows, it won't work.

look at c:\program files\otrs\otrs\var\log\otrs.log
I know where the log file is.
As I've said, no log events are being generated. The log file is empty.

I can't even get to the system log interface because NO PAGE will load in OTRS. Whatever I try and load I get that software error page.
renee
Znuny expert
Znuny Version: 3.0.x
Company: Perl-Services.de

Post by renee »

cyr0nk0r wrote:Not sure how I can "reset" the settings that were changed to get OTRS back into a working state.
You can edit Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAuto.pm manually and search for "SMTPTLS" and replace it with "SMTP". Usually you shouldn't edit this file manually, but to fix an error, this is a solution.
Need a Perl/OTRS developer? You can contact me at info@perl-services.de
cyr0nk0r
Znuny newbie

Post by cyr0nk0r »

renee wrote:
cyr0nk0r wrote:Not sure how I can "reset" the settings that were changed to get OTRS back into a working state.
You can edit Kernel/Config/Files/ZZZAuto.pm manually and search for "SMTPTLS" and replace it with "SMTP". Usually you shouldn't edit this file manually, but to fix an error, this is a solution.
thank you very much. that at least got me back into OTRS. Now I know never to set the sendmail option to SMTPTLS.